31. I'm not ready

"Ooh how about Subway?" Mark says looking at all the restaurants.

"Nah, what about Burger King or something?" I reply tucking my hands in my pockets. Ethan sighs and turns to both of us. Someone really must hate airports, doesn't he?

"Or we could just wait to eat. We are just a half hour from your mom's house," Ethan suggests, Mark and I just give him a weird look and continue talking about food. I release my bag and challenge Mark to a battle on where we will eat.

"We are not going to Subway," I challenge him.

"I want Subway!" he pouts and I take it as a sign of weakness.

"I guess you won't get to pet my dog then," I cross my arms and pretend to feel bad for him. Let's be honest, who doesn't love a little bit of blackmail for food. I love that I know his weaknesses. Mark meets eyes with me and we stare each other down.

"I'll just pet her when you walk away. Com'mon Ethan, let's go get some Subway," Mark calls to Ethan but neither of us hears a reply. As I slowly turn my head I see Ethan strolling away- about 10 feet ahead- with all three of our bags trailing behind him.

Without hesitation, I walk up to him, because I'm too lazy to run.

It takes me a little while to get to him, Meanwhile, Mark is already caught up with him and questioning his motives. I just sigh and sling my arm around Ethan's shoulders. "I'm really hungry, E. Why don't you want to eat now?" he slows.

"I say someone I didn't like and you guys are being annoying. Just stop fighting and let's wait till later," he frowns.

"Who was it?" I question.

"I'll tell you later," he replies with a troubled look in his eyes as he looks away. My skin crawls as I think of the possibilities of who Ethan would be so bothered by.  Mark runs to the other side of Ethan and me, grabbing my hand. Maybe he could see that I was thinking, either way, it made me feel a bit better.

I look down at our hands and I see Ethan look too. I smile slightly, glancing in Ethan's direction to see him bite his lip and stare at the floor. That's weird. I shrug it off and continue to walk to the exit. "Hey, let's not leave yet!"

"Why?" I ask Mark.

"I'm still hungry. Let's get a snack!" I nod in agreement and Ethan walks to one of the places nearby, Mark and I following like seagulls.

"Hurry, and get me something," he crosses his arms and leans against the wall with a smile.

"Why can't you just come and get something?" Mark says, already scouring through the food.

"I have to keep the bags safe, duh. Just pick something."

"Jeez, okay," I start looking through the chips and see some Flaming Hot Cheetos. I also saw other good foods but decided to go with a small bag of Doritos. Satisfied, I grab Ethan another small bag of chips, but I give him Ruffles. After taking Mark's chips from him, I pay and give Ethan and Mark their chips. We all find a table to sit at and eat.

I can't help, but wonder who Ethan saw though. Why would he act so strangely and bothered by someone that he saw? I wonder if he has a history with them. Probably. I brush off the thoughts and turn my full attention to the delicious food in front of me.

Oh shit, something's not right.

I feel a burning sensation start on my tongue and feel it trail down my throat. Pain joins in the mixture of my feelings and I cough intensely. After two big coughs I groan with a weak voice, I ask, "Could someone please buy me a drink?"

"Got it!" Ethan replies and jogs off. Because I'm dumb, I eat another Cheeto and slightly regret it. Luckily, my mouth doesn't burn as much now. Mark just continues eating his chips and mutters.

"What was that?" I ask.

"I was just talking about how much Ethan loves you," Mark says with a smirk.  A silence ripples between us for a few minutes.

"Stop it, Mark."

"It's tr-"

"Here you go, Y/n," Ethan says, returning just in time to cut off Mark and his dumb accusations. Ethan places a small bottle of Sprite in front of me and I thank him with a smile. After settling the pain in my throat, I continued eating.

It was silent for a while as we all ate. I tried to focus on the things around me so this would be less awkward. "Oh, Y/n. Where's your mom's house?" Mark says pulling out his phone.

"Oh yeah. Here it is," I hand him my phone so he can copy the address that my mom sent me. Turns out, she didn't move. She lives in the same house, she's been in that house since I was sixteen. Apparently, the business that she started is also thriving.

If she's still the mean bitch that she was when I was 18, I'm surprised that her business is good. She owns an adult foster care service, so basically she has old people living with her and she takes care of them 24/7. That job made her insane when I was younger. Maybe she hired someone to do it for her because she would have murdered someone by now. Surprisingly, taking care of old people is mentally exhausting.

One of her patients was a total drama queen when I lived with her and it made her angry every day. She probably does yoga now, to calm her down.

The thought of my mom doing yoga made a smile crack on my face. I must've been zoning out because when I looked up to Ethan he just stared at me weirdly. That made my smile drop instantly, oops. "When are you guys gonna be done?" I mutter to myself and crinkle up my cheeto bag.

"Done," Mark stuffs the remains of his chips in his mouth and crumbles up his chip bag. I take his bag and throw both of ours away. When I turn to go back to my seat, Ethan makes his way to the trash too. I wait for him to throw his away and we walk to Mark.

"Can we please leave now?" Ethan mutters.

"Let's go!" Mark puts his phone away and stands up, grabbing his suitcase. I sigh and lead the way the exit of the airport with Mark and Ethan following behind.  Once we get outside of the airport, we call for a taxi and all three of us climb in the backseat. Of course, I'm forced in the middle by Mark.

I can feel Mark closing me off to force me towards Ethan more, that bitch. Mark shoves me over more with his thigh and to get revenge I pinch him near his knee. He slaps my hand away and frowns. That'll teach him for trying to make this awkward.

After a while of driving then the driver pulls up to my childhood home. I can see old people sitting inside, through the window. I see my mom rushing around, arranging things. I pay the driver and Mark starts to climb out and I try to stand while in the car. A small gasp leaves my mouth as Mark pushes me and I fall onto something soft. Are you fucking kidding me?

I'm going to kill that bastard named Mark. Honestly, why am I still his best friend? He shoved me in Ethan's lap.

My heartbeat increases and I can feel my cheeks get red. Ethan just seems shocked. "S-Sorry!" I apologize quickly and try to get up.

"Wait, who is that?" Ethan turns my head to see a child coming from the house. Who's child is that?

"I-I don't know," I say and watch the child as they play outside, occasionally glancing to the car.

"You lovebirds wanna get off of each other?" Mark smirks and gestures to us. How did I forget that I was still sitting on Ethan's lap?! I quickly stumble off of his lap and onto the seat. I then quickly flee from the car and to the trunk where I grab my suitcase. I'm totally blushing, I think and wait for the boys to be ready.

When they grab their bags we head to my door and so many memories come back to me.  

I am in a writing mood, my children.  I can feel that the next chapter will be descriptive hopefully really cool!  It'll be done soon so be patient.