Chapter One. The First of The Three World's

"Shooter load and make ready" 

There was the sound of a magazine being slapped into a GLOCK 19, then the scrape, chank of the slide being racked, and around slamming into the chamber. The weapon was placed back into the holster of the young man waiting for the next string of commands from the Safety officer/SO. 

"Dose the shooter understands the course of fire"? 

The young man replied shortly," Yes".  

SO. "Stand by"!

 BEEEEP!! 

The timer sounded!  The signal to start the drill had been given!  

With the speed of a striking snake, the shooter's right hand flashed for his pistol! While at the same time pulling back the vest which served as the cover garment for the gun. Next was the draw, the gun coming up to meet his left hand, which at the beginning of the draw had been pulled in tight against his chest. When the left hand/ the support hand, met the right holding the gun, they pushed outward together in a perfect isosceles shooting stance. Then, a rapid string of shots!

 BANGBANGBANG......BANGBANGBANG.....BANGBANG...BANG BANG BANG!! On the eleven shot, the pistol went to slide lock. The mag was empty. With the same speed as his draw, the teen pressed the mag release and then drew the pistol close to his chest with his right hand, at the same time his left was plucking another ammo carrier from its case on the same hip. He guided the mag into the hand gun then hit the slide release with his right thumb putting the gun back into the battery. He had done everything so fast that the Glock was reloaded before the spent mag had hit the ground! It took that mag, another blazing fast reload, and one half of another the finish the string of fire. When he had finished, he cleared the firer arm and holstered it, then retrieved his empty magazines while the SOs scored his targets. 

"All targets scored, all down zero" One of the SO's announced. 

A chorus of oooooo's and aaaa's came from the other shooters in the squad. 

Ean Macpherson fist-pumped the air in a victorious motion! It was the last string of fire for the day at the IDPA (international defensive pistol association) match and going down zero for all targets was a perfect way to end it! 

With a sly smirk and a "not bad, not bad" Ean feigned a humble expression, as if getting a perfect score was just so blase' and took no skill at all to achieve.

 But his smirk soon bled through the "put on" humble mask and soon turned into something more along with the lines of a contented if not slightly smug expression.  

"weeellll boy's" Ean drawled "looks like the fat lady has sung and it's aaaalllll over"! I will see you yall at the next match."

 Even though he had been born and raised in northern New England, he liked to add a southern sound to his voice when joking around.  

The young man packed up his shooting bag, extra ammo, hearing and eye protection, assorted snacks, water bottles, and of course his chair, which all shooters brought, because standing for four hours was nothing to sneeze at.  Amidst joke's, fare wells and playful jeers that it was all luck his good shooting, to which he responded. 

"If it was all luck, then he would take luck over skill any day"! 

Ean walked by his father (David) who was talking to one of the other IDPA match shooters.

 "See you at home dad, love you." He said quickly.

 "See you there buddy" David responded.

 Then added, "Great shooting today bud, can't wait to see how you did" .  "Thank's, maybe I even beat you this time, who knows's" Ean shot back. "slim chance though" he muttered under his breath.