Paper Star

It had been less than a week but word had come quick and spread even quicker: Eileen, the dancing flower of V.I.L.E, had resurfaced from the shadows and was working with Carmen Sandiego. Hardly anyone could believe it, except, of course, her godmother.

"You knew she was coming back yet you didn't say a word." Shadowsan scolded as the adults sat at their table, Cleo shrugged. "I figured she didn't want the rest of us to make a fuss of her return." Coach Brunt shook her head with an unbelieving look in her eyes. "I swear Cleo, your love for that girl surprises me more and more every day. Then again, that girl was known for leaving her mark on people." "Too true." Mumbled Bellum, Cleo glaring at her sharply.

Maelstrom was unusually quiet, he just couldn't quite process it; his favorite drug and desire had resurfaced almost from the dead and was working with the enemy. He couldn't stop thinking about her, memories of secret sex and passionate nights together made his fingers clench in trembling fists that made his knuckles whiter than they already were. He could hardly wait to see her again, to pin her to his desk and take her 'till she screamed his name...

Of course, first, he had to bring her back to the island. It was a smart move in his part to send the student he did to retrieve the Magna Carta, Carmen knew his mind well enough and would surely be there to stop V.I.L.E. in its tracks. And Eileen would be right there with her. His eyes gleamed, unseen by the rest of the faculty. 

How close the deer was coming to the carefully concealed lion.

~

"Why'd you do it?" Eileen was silent as she sipped her cup of tea, gaze fixated on the Mumbai museum across from the cafe. She never had been too fond of museums as a child, too much quiet walking and not enough running about without having to worry about breaking things. She paused to shrug and lower her cup. "You know the answer to that." Carmen didn't say anything but her face remained stoic as she addressed Player and Eileen took a moment to think about their latest mission.

The famous Magna Carta was on display at the Mumbai museum in India and both women knew V.I.L.E, more specifically Maelstrom, was planning to steal it in the name of law and disorder. They both knew how the man's twisted mind worked, Eileen more than Carmen, which they both knew for a fact.

Eileen hadn't gotten a good night's sleep since the opera incident that had happened less than a month before; every night she was plagued with twisted erotic fantasies of her and her former teacher, bodies sliding together with one another's desire as their fuel. (Admittingly her favorite was the bondage one.) Carmen had tired in vain to get her to tell what was bothering her but Eileen had shut herself from everyone, even Zack. It was as though the close encounter with Graham and triggered something contagious she didn't want to spread. She had been relieved when Carmen insisted she came with her on this mission, it gave her a chance to forget. But at the same time, it didn't.

Carmen stood and turned to Eileen, jutting a thumb over her shoulder at the museum. "Shall we go check the premises?" Eileen smiled softly, she was so lucky to have a friend like Carmen. She finished her tea in one fell swoop before practically leaping to her feet.

"Will do."

~

Night fell and the two criminals were dressed and ready for action, even going as far as to make a race of running across the rooftops, Eileen was ahead when Carmen stopped to pick up something. She came to a halt, paused, then went to her friend's side. Carmen looked to her with mixed emotions. "She's here." Eileen was confused until she saw what exactly was in her hand, her breath caught and her heart skipped a beat. It was a green paper star.