💣

That night, Eileen's mom insisted her daughter and friends stayed the night, and since she had her infamous cookies at hand no one really objected. Carmen was hesitant, to no one's surprise, but she soon gave in.

"So...who was that nice young man I saw you with today?" Eileen rolled her eyes at her mother as they sat at the kitchen table sipping tea, Zack and Tom were in the living room playing Mario Kart while Ivy and Carmen were the audience.

"He's a friend mom, that and nothing more." The woman arched a playful brow. "Are you sure? You two seemed awfully close." Eileen's cheeks flushed. "He's just a friend mom, we went to V.I.L.E together and that's all you need to know." "Uh huh, sure." She wouldn't be asking further but anyone could tell she didn't believe it.

~

To no one's surprise, Zack and Tom hit it off right away, they were the bro pals they never knew they needed and at long last Tom had someone who was as eager as he was the play video games for hours on end. Deciding until further notice a break would do them good, Carmen allowed the redhead male to stay up late that night. When morning came it was an amusing sight to see them slumped over on the couch, sleeping peacefully. Carmen, Ivy, and Eileen each took pictures, the latter sending the image to her mom, knowing in less than a week it would be a framed and hanging on the wall.

Around lunchtime, Eileen went down to her favorite pastry cafe with her phone in her pocket and mission in mind. Sitting down at her favorite spot by the door, she placed her purse on the table and unfolded the piece of paper she received the day before.

Inside was a picture of a striped black bomb and a phone number. She smiled before creating a new contact on her phone under a bomb emoji before sending her first text;

Hey, how's it going? >

Then she sat back and waited, she didn't have to wait long.

< 👋

Of course he wasn't using his words, she couldn't imagine him using doing otherwise. (In fact, she had been wondering for a while if he was mute.)

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you're no longer in the area?

< 😔

Thought so. Pity, I was so hoping we could hang out again.

< ☺️ (Blushing)

She giggled faintly.

You're so charming. How do you do it? You were so shy back at V.I.L.E.

Three dots...

< 🤷‍♂️

She stopped to think about what to say next, before she did, he texted again.

< 🔴👒❓

Red hat, Carmen.

Am I with Carmen?

<

She stopped to think about it, would it be a good idea to tell him? Probably not, but she felt like she could trust him.