𝟬𝟲𝟳 byalia ➝ d.grayson

lvii. byalia!!

❝ We missed you

We missed you.

Waking up is no longer a pleasurable experience. [Y/N] massaged her eyes brashly with damaged palms. She felt an irritating substance rubbing against her back. It itched like a scar that begged to be scratched. Having itchy skin that feels like ticks are digging into it.

The hardest part was that she couldn't do anything because of her clothing. It's not like she couldn't just remove it; it's a full-body suit after all. Lurid clashing colors, a Stealth black mask to keep her face hidden from adversaries, and gripping shoes to tie it all together, as well as flame proofing because her skills could be deadly at times.

[Y/N] looked about her surroundings for anything that could help her figure out where she was. She was in the middle of nowhere. The sun hammered down, its one wicked eye unblinking, and the heavens joined in, with not a wisp of cloud to cushion the brutal rays.

When she heard something move alongside her, it was coming from the other side of the rock, her ears perked up. She shifted her gaze to a familiar face and inquired, "R-robin? Is that you, Rob?" She was overjoyed and called out to him.

He bolted when he heard a voice he recognized. "Yes, are you okay-" Robin said, concerned about her, before being interrupted by a huge vehicle sound approaching them in the background.

Robin hurriedly took her hand and snuck them behind one of the hills in the arid area for refuge. They kept their eyes peeled for trees and army soldiers as they moved across this distant area.

"Thanks for that," she replied, smiling warmly. Robin returned the smile with a goofy grin, as if he'd just won a prize. He was still holding her hand when she frowned at their hands. What was he doing with her hand? With one eyebrow raised and a suspicious expression on her face, she stared at him. After all, they were friends, but they had never done anything like that before, so she tried not to think too much about it.

[Y/N] hummed as she rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly "Are you all right? You're still holding my hand," Her face flushed as she laughed nervously, hinting he'd let go soon.

Robin cocked his brow at her and said, "You've never minded before." When he observed her perplexed expression, he signed and let go of her hand. He didn't think much of it because they didn't have time to force it right now, and Robin didn't even what to know what Batman thought of this. Robin's attention was drawn to the new location, which they were unfamiliar with. [Y/N] simply decided to brush it aside in an embarrassing situation and focus on the mission, just like he did.

"Those are Byalian republican army uniforms," Robin recognizes, puzzled. "What are Byalian soldiers doing in?" Robin activates his wrist-mounted computer map.

[Y/N] leaned over to Robin's side and read it aloud with him. "Byalia!" they exclaimed, exchanging surprised looks.

"Okay, what are we doing in Byalia?" Robin reprimanded himself, his eyes bulging and his palms sweating. "In September? What happened to March?!" he wondered as his gaze moved down the globe. Y/N shifted his weight over his shoulder to have a better look. "More like what happened to January!" she retorted, correcting his remark because she couldn't recall it. They've been gone for seven months, or at least she's been gone for seven months. What happened to her in those seven months?