𝟬𝟱𝟵 miss your smile ➝ g.logan

lix. miss your smile!!

❝ I missed your smile

I missed your
smile.

IT HAD BEEN a few days since the mutual breakup. It was hard, for both of you, to admit that maybe it wasn't working out. With all the traveling you had to do to his busy schedule with superhero work and his acting, you just didn't have enough time to see each other, and it put a strain on your relationship.

The teary split was still prominent in your memory, you could remember it as clearly as if it just happened.

It wasn't like you didn't love each other. The feelings between you two were strong, the strongest you'd ever felt for someone else. Maybe some things are stronger.

You were curled up on the white couch that sat in your apartment, the one you and Garfield had cuddled on (not to mention other things that you had done in the exact same spot) numerous times during his many stays at your place. As your fingers splayed out over the soft material, you could almost feel his head on your stomach, his arm across your legs.

Tears began to build up in your eyes while Netflix kept rolling on the television.

It wasn't long before doubts started swirling in your mind, that maybe this wasn't the right choice, maybe you two made a mistake, maybe he didn't love you the same way you loved him. That broke the dam, and a few tears rolled over your cheeks, glistening like diamonds in the soft light that glowed within the living room.

For a few minutes, you cried, but it wasn't the type of cry where it felt like your chest had split open as it shook with sobs, or the angry kind where you scream and push your face into a pillow and feel your hands shake, where you feel weaker with every drop that left your eyes, it was a soft heartbreaking cry, single tears falling down your cheeks and the feeling that someone had cut into your heart.

Your fingers dug into the soft blanket that draped across your body, pressing it to your face and feeling the tears dampen the material. The next episode of a show began to load on the TV, but you didn't notice, staring blankly forwards.

Realizing how you were acting, feeling sorry for yourself, you stood, letting the blanket slide off and puddle on the floor. Even as it felt like a piece of you was missing, you couldn't bear the way you were feeling: helpless.

You stopped in the bathroom to wipe the mascara stains away from below your eyes, running a hand through your mess of hair. You headed towards the door, stopping to pull on a pair of boots over your leggings.

you swung the door open, only to come face to face with a certain Green-eyed boy that had his hand raised, looking like he was drowning in the oversized gray sweater that hung off his shoulders. Your gaze locked with his, and your fingers curled around the sleeve of your sweatshirt.

"Garfield." You managed to keep your voice in check as his arm lowered to rest back at his side. "I thought...I thought you..." Left. The word wouldn't come out.

"I didn't." Garfield cleared his throat, his eyes rimmed with red. This image of him hurt you, because you knew the reason why he looked like this.

"Oh." You breathed out, grip tightening on the door. His jaw clenched, the line sharp against his neck. There was something tickling in your throat, begging to be said, four words that you didn't want to let out. I still love you. Something held you back. He might not feel the same way.

The only thing you could let out from between your lips was a question. "Why are you here?" You asked unsteadily, twisting your fingers in the hem of your sweatshirt, looking nervously from his puppy-dog eyes to the hunch of his shoulders.

For a moment, he didn't answer, just stared at you like he was memorizing every curve of your features, saving the image of this moment into his brain. Your brows drew together as your eyes flicked to his mouth, then back upwards. Then, a slight twist to his lips, and his gaze turned sincere as he whispered, "I missed your smile."