𝟬𝟲𝟴 holding you ➝ d.grayson

lxviii. holding you!!

❝ I thought you promised you wouldn't push me away, that you would let me help you

I thought you promised
you wouldn't push me
away, that you would let
me help you.

NO ONE KNEW you struggled. You see the hardships all of your friends go through. Artemis and her feelings after Wally West died. Dick, losing his dad and his mom at a young age. Megan feeling like she doesn't belong because of her history with the green Martians, Conner dealing with his anger issues and being rejected by Superman.

But you had hardships too. Your dad left you and your mom when you were little, which absolutely destroyed your mom and left her an emotional wreck. She never got over it. She found joy in everything besides being a mom, so she was rarely ever home; leaving you to raise yourself with guidance of no sort.

Although you did everything in your power to hide it, your lack of parental guidance took a crippling emotional toll on you.

You were 13 when you began self-harming.

You didn't want to add to the emotional burden of the group. You felt that everybody already had so much shit weighing on them, you found it selfish to attach more weight.

So you struggled in silence. Alone.

It wasn't until you and Dick began dating that you were forced to reveal the reality of your emotional state.

You were soft-spoken. Gentle. Never the type to raise your voice or have an unsuspected outburst.

Dick loved that about you. He loved how you guys were so contrasting yet compatible. You balanced each other out.

It was the night you and Dick were about to have sex for the first time. You were at the chateau in the extra room.

He was on top of you. Lips pressed against yours. Your hands lost in his hair.

His lips moved from yours and made its way to your neck, sucking at your sweet spot.

His hands wandered from their placement at your waist to underneath your shirt. They moved around your torso, then back down to the hem of your top. He tugged at it, signaling he was about to remove it.

Immediately, you were thrust from your state of pleasure.

Your eyes darted open and you were struck with panic.

"D," You breathed out.

He let out a muffled "mhm", his lips not leaving your neck and his hands remaining on the hem of your shirt.

"Dick." You repeated in a whisper.

You brought your hands up to his chest and lightly nudged him off of you.