Chapter 2

Evelyn's POV

Grabbing my bag I made my way out of the pack house. I started walking to the direction of school, trying my best not to cry and make those pathetic pack members feel glad about hurting me.

I was about to step out of the driveway when I heard Ashley calling my name.

"Eveee!!!" I heard her exclaim.

"Ash?" I said looking at her. She quickly marched at me pulling me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Happy birthday baby girl!" She practically screamed. Damn werewolf hearing at times like this.

"Thanks Ash" I stated truthfully. I really was thankful to Ash for standing up for me outside pack house and staying by my side at all times. Besides she can't do any more favours to me. I already owe her a big one for all those times she would come over and argue with Bran for treating me like that. However, she would never come over anymore when Bran is at home. I don't even know why... I tried asking her, but she would change the topic so I wouldn't push it giving her some privacy.

"Come baby" she said pulling my hand walking towards her car. What?

"Umm Ash?-" I started off confused, but she cut me off quick.

"Oh hush! You're riding with your bestie now common!" She stated leaving me there, stunned. I mean why would she risk giving me a ride and want to ruin her day when everyone starts making fun of me at school again? However, I just agreed with her.

The ride to school was just about usual talks I told her about what happened this morning with Bran. I saw sadness, anger and hurt flash through her eyes. Wait, hurt? There were many times when Ashley suggested me to run away to a different pack, but I would always ignore that thought reminding myself about waiting for my mate.

"Hey! It's our mate!" My wolf popped up all of a sudden. I rolled my eyes at her silliness.

Once we reached the schools parking lot, I got off the car and made my way to my locker with Ashley hot on my tail.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't trying to be a stuck up bitch, but I was only trying to save her day from getting ruined if I come across some of the slut bimbos.

Have you heard that phase? Talk about the devil and here she is? Well, here comes Marissa and her slut gang and here starts my 'happy' birthday. Note the sarcasm?

"Look girls... whose here. The queen of whores" she said smirking.

"Says the one who can open her legs for a pig even?" I spat back, smirking. I was about to walk away when Marissa pulled me back roughly slapping me right across my face. Oh no she didn't.

"You bitch! Just wait until Shane comes!" she nearly screamed kicking me hard on my stomach.

Now this caused my eyes to go wide in shock. Shane is the soon to be Alpha who hasn't found his mate yet. As soon as he does though, he'll be pronounced as the Alpha. I wonder who his mate would be sometimes... I mean he sleeps around with this whore then poor girl would not even want to show up to him if she knew he was her mate.

However, in Alpha terms I can't deny he'll be a good Alpha. Shane was one of my brothers best friends who bullied me so much. They would make fun of me, slap me...in short - treat me like trash, but he was too determined to his position and work. Lord how much I hated him, but every time when I would think of him my wolf would whimper I wonder why. I tried asking her, but she said when the time comes I'll find out. okay then?

Standing up the dirty floor I tried to look a little more presentable. However, I didn't really care since no one really notices me, but today was different. I'll see my mate. Before Shane comes and Marissa harasses me more I ran straight outside the entrance cuz of the humiliation she caused for me. She humiliated me in front of everyone.

Right when I was about to walk out the school entrance I bumped into something hard, more like someone.