Chapter 31

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! Hope you have an amazing year of 2015!
Enjoy,
~Al

Xander's POV

"Alpha, Shane" I formally greeted as I entered his office in order to discuss major assets regarding the letters and rogue scents that have been traced by our best trackers. However, they still remained uncaught.

"Alpha," Shane responded using the same gesture.

"Where's the Beta?" he questioned, confused as I took a seat in front of his desk.

"I apologize on his behalf, but he had to return to the pack regarding some personal matters, but he'll be here by the sunrise" I explained.

"Very well, anyways, Xander, I figured who is behind all this" I was astonished as his words processed through my mind. Finally, this brings us a step closer to the enemy. Alpha Jace was right when he said his son has a sharp brain.

"Who?" I inquired at immediate.

"He is-"

"Shane," his Beta called as he approached Shane right in moment of second.

"We found another one" he whispered as he handed in the piece of paper to Shane that he held onto earlier. It didn't take me long to realize what he meant. They received another letter.

"Where?" Shane sternly questioned, subjecting to where they found the letter from. To say he was furious was an understandment.

"East side of the territory, Mark and Alex were patrolling when they found this, but no scents were caught, which indeed is very astonishing" Bran stated.

"We really need to make a move, Shane. My sister, I've already lost her once. I can't effort to lose her once again..."

Shane placed his arm over Bran's shoulder assuring him, "Don't worry Bran, I know who is behind this and your sister is my mate. She is MINE; and no one touches what's mine" he irately spat, gritting his teeth and clenching his fists tight.

I was running out of patience. I grabbed the paper that Bran brought earlier. As I read through it not only Shane, but I was livid too.

It said,

'Your mate is quiet a beauty, Alpha. I wouldn't mind having her by my side. After all, I will come in order to obtain what's rightfully mine and she can gladly be one of it. I heard she's replica of her virtues. Goodluck Shane, take care of her or she might just go missing.'

"Who the heck is this?" I lividly questioned, banging my fists hard on his wooden desk. However, the discussion was cut short as Evelyn walked in looking innocent.

"Xander!" she exclaimed, pulling me in for a bone-crushing hug.

"Hey baby girl" I whispered trying to calm my wolf down. I mean, Evelyn is like a sister to me and I'll protect her no matter what, but I didn't want to see her stressing due to all this and neither did my wolf.

"Mine" I heard Shane murmur, but I rolled my eyes at him giving him the 'are-you-serious' look.

"I'll be leaving for now, but you can be sure as heck I'm not leaving until they're either surrendering or dead" I curtly nodded, truthfully assuring and making my way out after giving one last hug to Eve.

Bran's POV

I was furious as hell. This is the third damn letter that we've received in this week threatening to take away my sister. I will never let anyone lay a hand on her and I knew Shane would do anything in order to protect her, which gave me reassurance to remain calm.

I could tell from the way Xander greeted her, he grew closer to her as a protective brotherly figure. I wasn't jealous infact, I was happier to see how many people have her back.

"Earth to Bran!!" I heard Evelyn's squeeky voice bring me out of my deep thoughts.

"Hey baby sis. What's up?" I questioned, trying to play innocent so she doesn't get a hint of all this stress.

"I. Said. Ash. Is. Looking. For. You. Like. A. Mad. Crazy. Women" she threw her hands in the air, signing heavily with frustration. Don't worry, I know I have the effect on people.

"Oh... alright...later then!" With that I threw them a mischievous grin, making my way out. As soon as I stepped outside I heard Ashley yelling my name. Oh no.

"Brandon Joseph Welsh" she said as she folded her hands over her chest, raising an eyebrow in process.

"Ash...I-I..." I started, but pulling the collar of my shirt she pulled me into our room, closing the door shut. Woah then.

Evelyn's POV

As soon as Bran left, I felt two strong arms wrapping around my waist pulling me in close, causing the sparks to erupt throughout my body.

I felt Shane nuzzling his head in my hair inhaling my scent like trying to calm his wolf. I turned around so I could face him as I wrapped my arms around his neck in process.

"Shane...are you okay..?" I asked, worried.

"Yes babe go get ready for our date. I'll get you in an hour alright?" He said placing a light kiss on the nape of my neck.

I nodded in respond. "I love you"

"I love you too" and with that let's just say we had our mini make out session before I sprinted to my room to get ready for my first date, aha.