Chapter 25

Updateee! Just because @addyl123 said so ;)~

*Evelyn's POV*

Next day, the first two periods passed as blur. Proceeding to work on my last question I was about to jot the next step when the bell rang signing the third period. I made my way to the cafeteria trying my best to avoid anxious glances I received from the pack members. Just as if odds weren't on my side, even Melissa seemed to be acknowledging my presence yet didn't dare to come persecute or surpass a comment directed to me. Instead, she threw me a polite smile causing my eyebrows to rise with utter confusion.

'Shane, now the Alpha, is our mate. Even though they hate us...they have no other choice than to respect us as their soon to be Luna' my wolf filled in the gaps of confusion in my mind, but what significantly astonished me was that Stacy was no where even closer to Shane. Thinking of it I wonder where Shane is. I haven't seen him since last night after my sudden outburst.

Just as I was about to take a seat, I felt an arm on my shoulder.

"Evelyn," I stiffened at instance as I recognized whose voice it was.

*Shane's POV*

I studied Stacy's every movement to determine any type of lie laced into her words. However, all I saw was honesty and hurt flash through her eyes leaving out the lie or attitude as usual.

She signed heavily before she regretfully nodded as I questioned her what she meant by protecting Evelyn.

"Is it alright to talk somewhere more classified than here?" She hesitantly asked.

"Su-" before I could even finish the idiom, I was interrupted by Ashley.

"Heck no way I'm going to let you be alone with her, Shane. You sk-"

"Enough" I said looking at her with an expression that practically held no sign of emotion at the very moment. Being an alpha the first thing you got to concede is to bottle up your feelings enduring to stay gallant in order to gain strength.

"Shane you know it better...you deem her bullshit?" She argued back.

"I. said. Enough." With a curt nod I offered Stacy to follow me inside in order to elucidate herself.

As we entered my office, I walked behind my desk taking a seat on my chair and gestured her to continue.

Inhaling deeply she began.

"There are some things you don't know, Alpha. Ever heard of the phase don't judge someone because they sin differently than you?" She smirked looking at me. This was getting me more frustrated as irritation arises through me.

"Cut the damn crap, Stacy. Feel glad I'm giving you a chance to elucidate even so don't play questions here" I warned banging my fist hard on my wooden desk after running my hand through my hair, frustrated enough.

"Alright, well yes, I admit what happened earlier today was wrong, but you see...like I said before there are many things you don't know, Shane. Ever heard of Bone Shadow pack down the South?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at this. What does any of this have to do with the Bone Shadow pack? But then I remembered the fact about Stacy entering my territory being a rogue.

"Of course, I know Bone Shadow Pack. Stacy, is that where you originally belong? Be frank here"

She simply nodded with a smirk stretching on her face, again.

"Well I thought it would take you longer than that to figure that out, guess not. Well, the Alpha of the Bone Shadow, Ryder is my mate. It's been practically a week since I've found him and let me tell you what? They aren't as close to friendly as they seem. Shane, I met him the time when I went for a run after the training, but what happened didn't surprise me... I've always despised them cuz of their avarice. He didn't reject me...however, we ended up with a compact" I studied her as she continued with her side of the story, nothing but honesty was laced to every word she spoke. I saw a tear roll down her cheek as she wiped it away using her sleeve.

"He...." Stacy continued. "He... came up with an exception of accepting me as his Luna if I become a thorn into your relationship to devastate it."

I felt my anger rising at this. My wolf began to come on surface as the thought of someone wanting to keep us far from our mate processed through my mind.

"Why?" I questioned, tightening my jaw in middle of clenching my fists tight. I did realize my voice came out intimidating. I was livid and fuming with anger.

"There- there was apparently - from what I've been told, a prophecy on our pack. It was said that the new Alpha of our pack, which now is you, will become the strongest once he mates with his true mate. So for me, it's either I prevent you two from being together or he kills the Luna cuz he believes once your mate dies you won't be able to gain strength at any stance". She finished as disappointment and guilt took over her expression. However, I, on the other hand was going crazy I just feel like wanting to cease him right away. Who the heck believes in that now? It doesn't even sound realistic to me, but if it is accurate than I'll not think twice in order to protect my mate, MY EVELYN.

"I don't know whether to believe this or not, but I will not hesitate to kill him if it is accurate at any possibility. You can leave." I was trying my best to hold back my wolf and rip her throat out as revenge, but that wouldn't make me any better than him. I will just have to come up with a finest set up and I will make sure, Stacy doesn't even feel the prospect of it. She is however, the least I could trust on for this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... what do you think? Is Stacy being honest or did she just pull up an act? Any thoughts?