Chapter 19

Ashley's POV

Saying I was extremely excited would be an exception. Finally, Evelyn will get all of what she deserves. All she has ever gotten was abhorrence and neglect from others including her brother and my mate - Bran.

The instance she left... I lost the hold of my anger. Evelyn is like a sister to me and seeing her hurt gave me nothing, but guilt. Especially... when I realized about being Bran's mate. However, now when she'll be back I don't know how I will ever be able to authentically face her. I left the mate part hidden from her cuz I didn't want to poach her innocent heart that's already dealing with other things.

All of the sudden I hear the squeal sound of the tires. They must have returned! I was getting besieged with excitement. As soon as I looked through the window, I saw Evelyn walking straight into the house with both, Shane and Bran hot on her tail. I felt like I should give her a few minutes to unwind before barging into her room filling her with love and hugs. I terribly missed her this two days... it felt like I was missing a significant part of me.

Right then, Shane walked into my room with the biggest grin plastered on his face.

"Ashley, I know you probably sensed her, but I thought you still deserve to know Eve has arrived. We got her back Ashley..." He said the last part as close to whispering with his eyes filled with so much love and affection. I've never seen Shane as happy as this ever before.

The moment when Evelyn left the pack, Shane was bust at instant and it looked like his heart had been shattered into million pieces. However, I would never forget the audacity and strength he built up to essentially obtain the Alpha title just in terms for searching his mate.

"Thank you Shane" I frankly stated "and... just wanted to let you know this new change, optimistic change that has overcome you will for sure make you a stable and determined Alpha of our pack." It was the truth after all. Shane has always been determined with his responsibilities despite his previous unfortunate actions towards Eve, but you know what they say... mistakes are always forgivable if one has courage to admit them. Shane realized his mistakes and is whiling to face the consequences just to prove himself worthy to his mate.

"Well why thank you Ashley," He started as joking, but seriousness took over his expression at immediate "but since you've brought the talk about determination and me becoming an optimistic Alpha to this pack...well my first duty is to make sure every single person in here is treated fairly equally..." I knew where he was taking this and I sure didn't want to talk about this... well I guess I just wasn't ready yet for this.

"Shane I...-"

"Just hear me out Ashley... as a friend if not an Alpha. It is okay to be afraid, Ashley. I know you are afraid of getting hurt. I know you're afraid of keeping this from your sister like friend. I know you're afraid of accepting him as yours just yet, but as the Alpha now, I can hear your thoughts and I heard what you said 'mistakes are always forgivable if one has courage to admit them' so why not consider it now, Ash? He does realize his mistakes... I'm not saying let him off the hook easy. Make him work for it, hard even, but just give him a chance and I assure you... you won't have to be afraid of him poaching your heart...cuz you both won't be able to resist the mate bond...let yourself free Ashley...just try it."

And with that he left leaving me there astonished at his words to me. He was right. I was afraid of getting hurt over and over again. I was afraid of hurting my Eve, but I would never know unless I give it a try. Additionally, as far as I know Eve she'll be more than happy, but disappointed about me putting myself second. 'This is it Ash. This is the time... I will never know unless I let myself free... unless I give it a try... until I give him a try...' I told myself.

My wolf howled with joy of me finally whiling on accepting our mate. And with that on my mind... I directed my way towards Eve's room where they all should be. That's where I originally belong...to their family...