Chapter 20

Evelyn's POV

After the conversation with Bran, now I was definitely assured that he was just as oblivious to the fact of having our sister given away for continuing the lineage for beta. We feel betrayed at a point, but then looking at our age the accurate thing to consider will be that they might have been waiting for us to become all matured in order for us to know about her due to the reason of not understanding the purpose behind it.

Bran and I confronted each other despite of everything that happened in past. For the first time in past seven years, now, I feel like I essentially have a family and my old overprotective and delightful brother is back.

Chattering about all the childhood memories and moments we have spent together we did bond closer than before. I know what people might say, why and how can I forgive him just yet, so easily? Well you see when you don't have anyone looking behind for you... that is all you can consider. However, Bran has promised to serve me delicious breakfast every morning avoiding any sort of complains and will quit his playboy traits.

"You better let go, Branyyy!!" I exclaimed in middle of giggles, trying to enquire my brother to discontinue tickling me. Nevertheless, of all my request and threats he clearly won't quit it.

Just then we were interrupted with two very unhappy growls from no other than both, Shane and Ashley.

"Mine." They growled. At instant I was pulled out of Bran's arm into two wall like strong arms. However, I as soon as our skin came into contact, sparks accelerated through my body as shock waves of electricity. I can bet my life my wolf was soo enjoying this.

Regardless of that - what I utterly confused was about term 'mine' escaping off Ashley's throat. Pulling myself off of Shane's embrace I gave Ash a confused expression. I noticed her cheeks turning bright shade of red in return.

"Ash...um..you..uh..are-"

"Yes" she truthfully stated. What the heck?

Before I could utter a word, Ashley beat me to it.

"look Eve, baby girl, I'm so sorry about this, but the circumstances just weren't right at the time I found out first about me and Bran..." she trailed.

She can't really be serious can she? I told her everything! Hell, I even told her about Shane rejecting me as his mate. A bizarre shiver passed through my body as I felt my wolf whimpered in process at the thought of that reminiscence. About Bran, yeah we weren't on really good terms at that moment, but Ash... I mean what the heck?

"When?" I questioned, monotonously, without giving away any emotion through my facial expression.

"What..-"

"Since when did you determine the fact about you guys being mates?" I questioned again, this time however, it was damn well specific.

"Um... last month.." WHAT THE HELLL?!?

"What the heck do you mean, Ashley?"

"Eve... I.."

"No! What do you mean since last month? I was here the whole time crying out my stories to you for god's sake, Ashley and I expected that from you in return of being my best friend, but I guess not." I've never felt more betrayed than this even before when Bran used to despise me for our parent's death.

"Eve, it's not her fault... it's certainly my fault in that" Bran butt in at immediate in order to defend his mate.

"No. Thanks a lot to all of you for really making me feel glad about myself at this very moment. All throughout this though, Ashley, I thought at least you were the one who was only straight forward to me, but thank you for making me realize I never really made that place for myself into your hearts" I said looking at all three of them with disappointment. I noticed their heads turning down with guilt, avoiding the eye contact.

"I'm happy for you Ash, but I just expected more from you. Thank you all" I stated close to whisper emphasizing over the term 'all'.

"I need time to think... all of you leave, please" those were my last words before all three of them walked out at once. Shane and Ashley made an attempt to speak, but Bran fortunately took them out along. I really do need time to overthink everything now. I might be being over dramatic, but it hurts knowing you're just neglected off of everyone and everything.