Chapter 24

Evelyn's POV

After constantly debating with my wolf I ended up deciding to go along with Shane. As we walked out of the house I went behind the tree quickly stripping before tying my cloths to the ankle and shifting into my wolf. My wolf was mostly white, but had brownish golden heart shaped spot over my head. I loved shifting to my wolf form.

Walking out from behind the tree I noticed a slightly taller blackish grey wolf staring at me with it's forest green eyes glinting with admiration, Shane.

Despite of the earlier disappointment of seeing him with Stacy, again, I couldn't resist the lust I felt towards him. Damn mate bond! However, I was certainly secretly enjoying the feeling of it.

I was too caught up with my thoughts that I didn't realize Shane sprinted towards me growling playfully by nudging onto my tail. I growled back at him warning him to let go, but he just gave me his wolfy grin as in return.

I noticed the sun begun to lower illuminating the golden rays of sunlight making things ten times more quite yet, peaceful giving a serene feeling.

Both, Shane and I, sprinted into the woods by the most beautiful waterfall - where by the way I often used to come in order to stay away from the bullying and neglect I suffered.

At the thought of those memories, I felt as the tears began to surface, but I tried my best to cover it up. I mean he sure promised to make it up to me by refraining his previous actions, but did he even mean it? Seeing him with Stacy makes me doubt once again, to no end really. I hate being like this... I hate the feeling of insecurity that she brings in by flirting around with my mate, MY fucking mate.

Sparks like electricity shot through my body as our fur brushed against each other's as we set by the lake in peace, but I guess we are here to talk and it getting late anyways. I slowly got onto my paws making my way behind the enormous tree before shifting back into my human form and dressing up hastily!

I set beside Shane rubbing onto his fur. He placed his wolfy head on my lap, purring in peace. I leaned down playfully pulling onto it's ear before planting a kiss on it's forehead. I felt attached to his wolf even as every time I did that. Plus, this was too comfortable.

"Shane... about earlier... What was that?" I finally questioned still rubbing onto his laid back as I felt his wolf shiver under my touch.

'Eve, I just did that because it is important to have Stacy believe that we aren't suspicious of her being up to something...' I heard his voice in my mind as I watched him snuggle deeper into my lap.

'Not just me, but even Bran and Ashley are suspicious of her. I'm not going to be with her at all or even let her close to me, but that- what happened in the kitchen was just unexpected... please don't doubt me, Eve' he continued with the mind link. I guess he didn't want anyone to eavesdrop so he remained in his wolf form.

"Whatever, I'll just let you know this once and in short, if this keeps happening then forget it... I've already have suffered enough don't you think? Plus, I'll try putting this in the most polite way as possibly can... but just cuz I give you guys another chance off easy don't take me for granted!" I spat back being blunt as usual. I felt Shane stiffen as those words escaped my mouth as he lifted his head off my lap observing me. Don't get me wrong I might be asking for much of attention, but compared to everything I've been through all the pain... neglect... bullying... I just can't keep it all bottled up no more. He needs to know. Everyone needs to know that just cuz I let them off the hook easy doesn't mean I'm willing on forgetting the past - I just can't.

I slowly got up and throwing him a last glance before I sprinted off the woods heading back to the pack house.

Once I reached the pack house I probably looked horrible as I had tears streaming down my face. As I proceeded to walk in, I noticed Stacy sitting on the front porch her elbows on her knees and as her chin rested on her palms. She lifted her head and opened her mouth as if she was going to say something, but I cut her off. I was done for the day! I can't take this bullshit from anyone no more.

"What's your deal huh? Can't you just leave him alone? CAN'T YOU LEAVE MY FUCKING MATE ALONE?" her eyes went wide as I screamed, but I could care less. I saw as Shane stood behind me holding a look as if this was expected.

I burst into the house not wanting to talk to anyone, ignoring everyone's concerned yet, astonished expressions.

"Evelyn!" I heard Shane call, but I just don't have guts to face him anytime soon.

Shane's POV ~

I was stunned at her sudden outburst, but I saw it coming. I knew as much as she keeps it all bottled up it won't stay for long.

Giving me one last glance she sprinted out of the woods. Being protective of my mate I followed her sprinting at double speed at instant.

"What's your deal huh? Can't you just leave him alone? CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE MY FUCKING MATE ALONE?" I heard her scream at Stacy as she soon turned to look at me, but I wasn't surprised at all. Stacy however, flinched as those words hit her. Never have I ever seen her flinch even at my command nevertheless, if I wasn't wrong I saw regret flash through her eyes?

Evelyn bursted into the house ignoring my calls.

I walked upto Stacy in complete alpha mode. I was livid with whatever she did that caused Evelyn to act certain way she did.

"Stacy. What you did was unacceptable. I've asked you to not come close to me... what don't you get?" I questioned looking at her as she lowered her gaze looking upset. Again, never saw that one coming. However, I tried my best to control my wolf.

"Alpha... I... I was only going to tell her I didn't mean to let happen what happened in the kitchen today... I- I was going to apologize..." she politely stated as tears streamed down her face. What is this a game? Alpha? Since when did she start respecting me?

"Really?" I asked raising my eyebrow looking at her unbelievingly.

She simply nodded in response.

"Yes... I'm...I'm doing t-this to protect our... Luna..."

"whore skank say whatttt?" Ash bursted as Stacy claimed those words. I looked at Ash as she stood by the doorframe crossing her arms then back at Stacy.

"What do you mean?" I asked monotonously. This better mean something.