Chapter 3

Evelyn's POV

Sparks shot throughout my body like electricity as our skin came into contact. My eyes went wide with shock as realization hit me. My wolf on the other hand was going fanatical to no extent, which wasn't helping at all. However, I know the cause to that now.

I slowly lifted up my head looking straight into his deep forest green eyes.

Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate...! My wolf howled in contentment.

"Mate.." I whispered. Oh no! What's wrong with my mouth? Can't it just keep silence for once? But clearly it seemed to be having it's own control.

I took a step back shifting my gaze away as I noticed it was no other than - Shane, standing in front of me.

"He is never going to accept us. So be ready" I confronted my wolf giving it heads up for handling pure rejection, but she didn't seem to take this seriously.

"Oh common... he is our mate Eve" she responded back gladly. I just rolled my eyes at that. Yeah right!

Intruding the train of my thoughts, Shane roughly pulled me outside the building before dragging me to the corner-side where no one would really come at this moment. My heart began to beat rapidly thinking of imprudent things if you ask me.

Shoving me to the wall and placing my hands on either side of my face he leaned towards my face, making our faces only inches away now.

"You..." he nearly whispered."You aren't my mate... fate must be kidding right now! Fuckkk!" he screamed running his hand down his already fashionably messy hair, causing me to flinch in return. Hurt, it is what I felt as his bitter words processed through my mind.

I can't handle it. I knew this was going to happen, but I just hoped for the best building the bridge of my expectations. Expectations lead to disappointment. You know what they say? There are only two ways to be happy: improve your reality or lower your expectations. The reality was I wanted to be happy, but all I ever gained was cruelness and neglection from others. I want to be happy 'improve your reality' ...

Those words kept replaying in my mind and now, that's exactly what I'll do. Ashley was right... I don't need to live where I get no respect or love. Pack is like living with your family - a one big family, but they never made me feel secured or appreciated like a family would. They only hurt me in return of all my hard work for them. There's no point of me living here. Leaving my thoughts aside I paid directed my attention to Shane. However, his words didn't really shock me.

"I Shane Martinez, soon to be Alpha of BlueStone Pack reject you Evelyn pathetic Welsh as my mate" he spat emphasizing the word 'pathetic'.

Instead of breaking down and making him feel delighted or happy I just laughed humorously in return.

Shane looked at me, confused. This only caused me to smirk.

"Thank you Shane. Thank you for doing me a favour by not dragging me with you to hell by accepting me as your mate. Oh and talk about fate? It plays it's own game that no one can change, but I guess I know better and I know that you of all, sure don't deserve me as a mate heck I rather mate someone else than you" I spat bitterly at him. No, I didn't mean all those things I just said, but he just has hurt me so much and now his rejection just shattered me on the inside. However, I will not make him believe that his thinking about me affects me in anyway so I'll remain strong.

That was that. Today was extremely horrible. I told Ashley about everything that happened between me and Shane and how I left him there stunned. She pulled me into her supporting embrace rubbing my back in process and comforting me. I told her that I've nothing to live here in BlueStone for anymore and she'll help me escape tonight.

Soon we reached the pack house. As soon as I opened the door I was welcomed with a very livid looking Bran. What a pleasant surprise? Note the sarcasm? 
"You filthy piece of shit! How dare you disrespect the future Alpha?" He growled pulling me roughly before slapping me hard across my face. This stunned me to no end. How can he slap me without even knowing the reality about Shane rejecting me? I lost it right there enough is enough.

"YOU KNOW WHAT BRAN? I ONLY LET YOU BOSS ME AROUND BECAUSE I THINK YOU AS MY BROTHER HAVE RIGHT TO, BUT I WAS WRONG. YOU ARE NOT MY BROTHER INFACT YOU ARE NO OTHER THAN A PATHETIC SCUM PIECE JUST LIKE OTHER PACK MEMBERS. ALL OF YOU HAVE ALWAYS TREATED ME LIKE TRASH LIKE I'M NOT A PERSON LIKE I'M GARBAGE. HOWEVER, I'M DONE WITH ALL THIS" I yelled at him. I was fuming with anger and tears streaming down my pale cheek cuz of his slap. 
"I WILL NOT LET YOU GUYS CONTINUE TO CONTROL MY LIFE NO MORE. I'M OUT OF HERE BRAN AND YOU-" I inhaled deeply before continuing.. "YOU ARE NO BROTHER TO ME. THANKS FOR EVEN WISHING ME SCUM AND MOM AND DAD WILL SURE BE PROUD OF YOU." I stated the last sentence sarcasticly.

I stormed up the stairs packing few of my vital belongings and few money that I've been saving for myself. After I was done packing I marched downstairs towards the doorsteps where Bran still stood stunned with a heartbroken Ashley sitting down on her knees, tears streaming down her soft skin.

I leaned down taking her face in my hands "I'm sorry Ash I just can't" I stated signing. She just slowly nodded in return pulling me in for the last hug. 
"I love you Evelyn, never forget me." 
"I love you too Ashley Parker and I will never forget you."

 With that I left. I left the BlueStone Pack breaking all my ties with them.