Chapter 33

Bran's POV

'I've been noticing that you're not taking my threats under consideration, Alpha. However, I guess I am just kind enough to aware you that there's only a few time you and your pack have before I take over each and every single mutt of yours - including you. Hopefully, you're with the beautiful mate of yours while reading this...if not? Well, I guess I just found myself a new slave for satisfaction. Remember what I said Shane? Take care of her or she might just go missing.

See you soon, my lovely, Brother.'

I was fuming. A wave of fury passed through my body. I felt every cell in my body get agitated. To say I was livid would be the bottom of it. No one, no bastard will lay a hand on my sister. I felt my wolf unwind however, as Ashley placed her hand over my chest. Wait. Shane's brother?

"What does it say, Bran?" she questioned, frowning. Once I handed her the letter, she gasped loudly and I could see fear flash in her eyes.

"H-How could this be..? Conrad..." she whispered, disbelievingly. "I've known Shane since we were kids, but I thought Conrad left for good with peace as Alpha Jace put it...at that time though-" confusion clear on her face. She was supposed to say something, but was interrupted by Xander.

"Conrad..? That name sounds awfully familiar, but what does this have to do with the letter? Unless..."

"No shit Sherlock!" Ashley spat, giving him a pointed look, crossing her arms.

"Well excuse a man for not reading whatever it says in there!" Xander argued back pointing at the letter she held.

"Can you two just quit arguing and take a look that piece of shit for the sake of-"

"Oh shut up Bran, here Ash hand it over!" Even at times like this the two idiots can't stop fooling around. As if reading my mind Ashley crossed her hands over her chest, raising an eyebrow at me.

"w-what?-"

"One week, Bran" wait no, what? She's just taking advantage of me now! Damn typical women.

"Make it two!"

"But...Ash...-"

"Three!"

"Ugh! I'm out of here!" Stomping my foot I sprinted to our room slamming the door shut. I could hear them laugh as I left, but I don't care. My poor... Eve. I won't let anyone touch you baby sis... I won't hesitate to rip him to sheds.

'Shane we kind of have a situation here' I mind-linked Shane.

Evelyn's POV

It was almost midnight and we were just about to enter into the pack house when I felt Shane stiffen beside me.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him, concerned to his sudden change in the mood.

"Yes baby. Just go to your room I got some Alpha business to take care of. I'll be right there" before I could reply he placed a feather light kiss over my forehead making his way to his office.

I approached my room when I heard sniffles. Who could that be now? Following the sound of it I ended up at Stacy's doorstep.

I knocked twice before she replied with a "whose it?"

"It's me, Evelyn. Can I come in?"

I heard her footsteps approaching before she answered the door. As I took in her appearance I noticed, her hair was a complete mess...her eyes looked dull with all the crying I suppose.

"Are you alright?" I asked with genuine concern.

"As if you care. You got your mate! You're the Luna now so why would you wanna worry about a slut like me?" She spat, but I sensed the hurt behind her words...as if she didn't mean it.

"Stacy...I know you think you're the last person I want to see, but you're a part of this pack. This pack is my family...and being a part of it believe it or not - so are you." Doesn't matter what happened earlier, I'm not a cruel and heartless person.

Without uttering another word she allowed me into her room.

"I...um...IamXander'smateandIwalkedoutonhim" her face turned red like a tomato. However, all I heard was the idioms 'I' and 'Xander'.

"Sorry, come again..."