Chapter 4

Bran's POV

I just stood there astonished. I don't know what possessed me as I watched her leave I wanted to stop her, but I just couldn't move. Heck, what would I even tell her? I don't even deserve her forgiveness.

How can I be so oblivious with everything? My baby sister just walked out on me. My only family that I had I wasn't even capable of just keeping that together.

All of those times when I heard Evelyn cry I would spend my night with pack sluts and whores, but wouldn't go comfort my sister. What type of brother was I? My parents always thought I grew up really fast, but Evelyn...she was always their innocent little baby princess. How disappointed would they be in me? I couldn't even attain their one expectation from me to always stay by their doll's side. Hell, she was my little baby doll. How was I so brutal to her? How did I never protect her, but hurt her instead despite that I physically hurt my own baby sis. I laid my pathetic hands on her. I feel so disgusted with myself right now. I don't even deserve to be a beta.

I looked down at Ashley she looked broken. After all, all this was my fault. She lost her best friend. Ashley always stood by Evelyn’s side no matter what, which should've been my first priority instead.

I got on my knees, softly I attempt to hold onto Ashley's face making her look at me, but before I could even touch her... she flinched and moved away.

"Ash...I-" I started but she pushed me off causing me to falter back, slightly.

"Don't touch me with your disgusting hands Bran. You what huh? You what? You got what you wanted right? Are you satisfied yet Bran? You broke her..." she continued. However, right then Shane walked in.

"Hey guy-" before he could finish Ashley pointed at him harshly, giving him the most intimidating glare.

"You" and "you" she pointed at me and then Shane. Confusion was truly written all over his face as he raised his eyebrows in process, frowning.

"You Bastards shattered her. Most of all you! Shane... what did she ever do to you huh? WHAT DID SHE FUCKING DO TO YOU THAT YOU DESTROYED HER HUH? AND YOU BRAN" she turned to staring at me again with so much hatred that I could've never imagined.

"You are a pathetic excuse of a brother to her! You should've supported her. I can't believe how I'm destined to be with someone so spiteful as you!" both mine and Shane's eyes go wide at her last sentence. Shane looked utterly confused. However, her words just shattered me...I didn't do any good ignoring my mate. Yes, Ashley was my mate, but I didn't want to give up on my player ways so I asked her to keep it a secret from anyone especially, Evelyn. I've done nothing but hurt my mate and my sister and now they both hate me. I deserve it though. I just broke down at her words, but Shane held on to my shoulder giving me a questioning look. I simply nodded miserably in response.

"Yes... she's my mate and- Evelyn- left" I said in between sobs. I completely lost it now. I can't hold it in anymore. Guilt overwhelmed me killing me from the inside.

I felt Shane stiffen as soon as those words left my mouth. "WHATT?!?" he screamed using his Alpha tone.

"SHE CAN'T! SHE CAN'T LEAVE! SHE IS MINE." he growled loud. I felt Ashley flinch as she stood across the room, but why was Shane acting like this?

"Shane you..?-" he grabbed me by my collar interrupting my statement. 
"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO HER? WHY DID SHE LEAVE?" he screamed causing me to stumble back.

"I... I hurt her Shane... I hurt my baby sis.. she left!" I cried more. Pathetic? I know, but I just can't deem it. 

Soon, Ash pulled him away catching him off guard. 
"You're no different than him you filthy bastard. You were the most reason to why she left. She only stayed here to wait for her mate, but what did you do? You fucking rejected her! Your soul mate!" she yelled in defense.

Wait what? He rejected her? Shane is Evelyn's mate? Now it explains why she was rude to him. That bitch... he made me believe she disrespected him leaving out the mate part!

"This is your FAULT. YOU REJECTED HER WHY? TO SLEEP WITH THAT SLUT STACY?" I grabbed him roughly pulling his collar, but there was no point Shane was completely broken now. We both messed up real bad this time.