Chapter 8

Cole's POV

When I first heard about the rogue entering our territory I was fuming with anger. I despised every rogue I was never undemanding on them. Being a beta, I had to do what I have to in order to protect my pack. However, even the word rogue got me and my wolf to the edge.

As we neared the pack border, my heartbeat began to pace up. For a second I thought it was maybe the cause of running here, but I was wrong. Trail of my thoughts was soon intruded when Xander shifted making his way towards the rogue as me, Jace and Carter surrounded the rogue.

"Shift" he commanded the rogue using his Alpha tone that held extreme authority. However, calling this she-wolf a rogue felt wrong. Why was I feeling like this?

She simply nodded and grabbed her cloths before making her way behind the enormous tree. Me, Carter and Jace shifted as well. They knew, after last year's incident - I never would ever go easy on any rogue. Soon, she walked back wearing jean shorts with a white tank top. Damn and she looked drop dead beautiful. Wait what the hell?

I noticed Xander checking her out, but he soon covered it up with a serious expression. I felt a pang of jealousy at that, but I let it slide for now.

"I'm Xander, Alpha of the ShadowLight and you've trespassed on my territory" he intrepidly stated.

"I'm Evelyn... Evelyn Welsh. I was part of the BlueStone Pack, but I've no one there for me. I apologize for trespassing Alpha, but I mean no harm" she responded him softly then shifting her gaze to the ground trying to cover up her sentiment. For some reason I felt my wolf being edgy and uneasy by her response, but it only confused me more.

I noticed Xander flinched at her soft yet, bitter tone when she said that she has no one there for her. I wouldn't blame him, rogues always come up with their pathetic excuses just so they can trick us, but something about this one...Evelyn.. said otherwise and right away I knew there was more to it then just that.

"You have no one? You have the entire pack for you!" Xander exclaimed, clearly trying to control his dissappointment. I was suprised he hasn't made an attempt to threaten her just yet. For some odd reason my wolf whimpered at that thought of her being threatened. What the heck?

I noticed sadness flash through her eyes before she released a humerous laugh getting me shocked, "no, they don't like me. They treat me like garbage. My-my own brother hates me and that's the only family I had and my mate he-he rejected me!" she spat back bitterly glaring at absolutely no one particularly. I don't know if it's only me but was she mad about the current situation?

My actions seems to have it's own control as I surprisingly made my way towards them, throwing Xander a suggestion that naturally felt right. "Xander, can't she just join our pack? I mean, I don't think she's any harm plus, they definitely don't even deserve her back!"

Xander looked like he was in deep thought as I felt Carter's and Jace's jaw dropped open with their eyes go wide in shock. Don't get me wrong, but if you knew me as a person this is sort of a shocking suggestion especially, coming from me.

"I'm Cole, beta of ShadowLight" I introduced myself giving her a genuine smile.

"Evelyn..." she shyly replied returning the same smile. However, hers would worth a million. Wait, what? What's wrong with me?

I took a moment thinking over if she feels this odd connection as well? or is it just me? I hope she does cuz that'll be the only way for me to figure out what is this odd connection we share?

After what felt like minutes, I snapped back into reality putting my thoughts aside. A pang of jealousy is what hit me, when I took in the sight in front of me.

I felt a low growl automatically escape my throat as I saw Xander hugging Evelyn...but why?

Walk back to the pack house was surprisingly quiet and comfortable. Xander told Evelyn a few things about here and there. As we arrived, I remembered I had to check on Paise.

"Paisee" I called her name for like the fifteenth time now since she ran away looking at the hash browns, but when I found her - I found her with Evelyn... and they way they got along so quick was adorable.

We spent about half an hour just trying to get Paise to finish her lunch before we guided Eve to her room.

Today was too unexpected, yet, more confusing instead.