Chapter 9

Shane's POV

I was so drained away in a day that it makes me sick. I felt like I was completely obliterated. Every minute I feel like I'm being stabbed right into my heat whenever I think about Evelyn's last words to me before leaving.

'Thank you Shane. Thank you for doing me a favour by not dragging me with you to hell by accepting me as your mate. Oh and talk about fate? It plays it's own game that no one can change, but I guess I know better and I know that you of all, sure don't deserve me as a mate heck I rather mate someone else than you'

I knew she deserved someone so much better. I could never take back my actions however, I can always correct them. At that moment when I realized she was my mate I was extremely happy, but I just couldn't drag her into my life. Little did she know that the 'hell' she had mentioned actually was the reason to why I rejected her?

My life is too much more than just hurting my own mate. Stacy was the reason why I hadn't accepted Evelyn as my mate. Being with that slut was the biggest mistake ever. Whenever she was around including the presence of my innocent Evelyn, I don't know what would posses into me that I would always end up hurting her. When I realized she was my mate I had the fear of being rejected due to my past actions so, I kept up with my act and ended up rejecting her. Evelyn has to come back! She is mine.

'I would rather mate with someone else than you.'

And only MINE. I growled. I will find her.

"Alpha" Mark, my third in command bowed at me with respect. Oh and yeah, I was now entitled as the Alpha of BlueStone so I could take complete responsibility of searching for my little mate.

"Mark! Did you find anything?" I asked him with extreme hope.

"No, Alpha. However, we followed Evelyn's scent and it began to fade by the North border of the territory" he responded, looking confused yet, concerned.

"North..." I repeated sternly. Mark slightly nodded giving me the same concerned expression. What the heck is he so anxious about?

"Mark! why do you look so confused particularly worried? Is there more to it?" There definitely should be.

"I apologize, but you do know what's up the north right?"

Oh no. He was right...

"ShadowLight..." I whispered, as I realized exactly why he looked so anxious.

Oh shit. This only means one thing... my eyes went wide in shock as the realization hit me.

"Contact ShadowLight. NOW!" I yelled pounding my fists hard on the table. I was fuming with anger. ShadowLight is the strongest pack from the North according to what I've heard. They despised rogues to the extent where they don't even bother to consider their reason for trespassing onto their territory after that incident with their beta.

All I'm concerned about at the moment is that by any chance if Evelyn entered their territory she wouldn't make it alive. I growled as my wolf whimpered at that thought. No one can harm my mate. No one.

I have an idea of where my mate is and that's all I needed. Now, no one can come in my way.

"Babe... you look so tired wanna come relax for a bit?" Stacy exclaimed making her way towards me putting an extra sway on her hips, which was a terrible attempt of seduction in my opinion, from her side.

"Not right now Stacy. I'm trying to work" I sternly replied without making an eye contact. I learned to avoid eye contact with Stacy since the time I noticed that something would take over me making me follow her lead. However, I don't have any idea about what is that takes over me.

"But common Shane..." she whined... pouting her bottom lip and running her finger down my jaw - trying to sit on my lap. Wow desperate much?

I was trying my best to keep my gaze stiff onto the floor.

I had an advantage so why not use it?

"I said, not now Stacy" I said using my Alpha tone.

Usually, any normal wolf below the higher rank in the pack would flinch at the authority that was held in the Alpha's command. However, I did notice that Stacy didn't flinch at all. That's weird..

"You know what? Go away Shane. Go to that pack's so-called pathetic slut instead!" she yelled right back. My wolf didn't seem to handle her tendency well especially when she insulted our mate.

An immediate growl escaped my throat, but Stacy simply flipped her hair walking out of my office. Doesn't matter how mad I was... I was glade she gave me some privacy now.

I will determine what's the reason behind Stacy's attitude or maybe I should say what's the reason behind Stacy herself. Something about her... just didn't feel right.