Chapter 6

Evelyn's POV

After running continous for what felt like hours. I chose to take some rest since I'm almost out of the BlueStone territory. I felt hot tears streaming down my face as a muffled sob left my mouth. My wolf has been on the extreme edge ever since we ran off the pack house. She has been constantly growling about going to our mate, but she won't quit with the attitude. I confronted her over million times about how Shane doesn't want us and never will, but she believes otherwise. I'm trying really hard to keep myself together at this moment. Especially, with my wolf being aggressive and not handing well with the situation at this time it's too hard for me to stay bold.

It's been about five minutes now and my wolf just keep trying to take over the control and head back to the pack house, but I won't let it budge. However, it is giving me a really bad headache.

'Go back to mate now!' She growled again making me roll my eyes in response.

'Look I want him too ok! But what do you not get he doesn't want us and no we will not go back to him just to give him another chance to hurt us and who knows maybe even torture us now' I linked her back. She whimpered at the last part. I know those weren't exactly the accurate words to use at the moment, but he hasn't done any better.

'He will never hurt us...just go to him... he is hurt I COULD FEEL IT' She tried to take control uneasily. UGH why does she have to be so damn annoying?

'NO WE WILL NOT AND YOU WILL SUPPORT ME ON THIS IF YOU HAVE ANY THING CALLED SELF RESPECT CUZ WITH THEM WE WILL GET NO RESPECT AND NO HE IS PROBABLY WITH THE WHORE RIGHT NOW' I responded angrily. I was fredup now of her stubborness. I couldn't handle her not supporting me.

Gathering my cloths and bag I begun to run towards the pack border. I suddenly felt energetic as my pace increased. At this point, I knew she is with me on this now. Good.

As I took the next step, I felt the change in the air and my connection with the pack fading. This sudden change only meant one thing I've already crossed the BlueStone territory.

I was about to march under the tree, but I hear growling until I was surrounded by the four wolfs. One of them was bigger compared to the others in size terms. Alpha.

He sent a threatening snarl taking a step closer to me, before he shifted. I felt blush crepting its way up my neck as I looked away. After I heard the sound of some shuffling I was sure he put on his pants. Thank moongoddess.

"Shift" He commanded. I simply nodded making my way behind an enormous tree before shifting and putting on my shorts and tank top.

I walked back to where they stood. By now all the other three wolfs have shifted to their human form as well. And lord were they attrative? I slowly walked and stood right in front of the Alpha. I swear I saw that smirk on his face before it turned into a serious expression.

"I'm Xander, Alpha of the ShadowLight Pack and you have trespassed on my territtory" He said boldly.

"I'm Evelyn... Evelyn Welsh. I was part of the BlueStone Pack, but I've no one there for me. I apologize for trespassing Alpha, but I mean no harm" I stated truthfully.

The Alpha looked utterly confused. "You have no one? You have the entire pack for you!" He exclaimed.

I released a humerous laugh before shaking my head. "No, they don't like me. They treat me like garbage. My-my own brother hates me and that's the only family I had and my mate he-he rejected me" I spat bitterly. Talking about them brings me nothing, but anger.

I noticed as the other guy made his way towards us. "Xander, can't she just join our pack? I mean I don't think she's any harm plus, those people sure don't deserve to have her back" he suggested looking at me.

"I'm Cole, Beta of the ShadowLight" he stated giving me a genuine smile. Even though he was a beta he was too attractive, which got me nervous.

"Evelyn.." I shyly replied returning same genuine smile. However, soon the Alpha spoke up again.

"Oh yes sure! Evelyn you can join my pack if you want of-course" he offered with pleading eyes.

"Umm.. sure. Thank you Al-" I started, but he beat me to it.

"Xander!" he corrected me, pulling me into a tight hug. Welllll okayyyy thennn...

However, if I wasn't wrong then I swear I heard a low growl escape from Cole, but why?