Chp. 45

Rosie P.O.V

The drive back to my Mom's house was silent. Cody and I didn't know what to say. I overreacted to my Mom last night and I know that I have to forgive her. What happened to my Dad is all now in the past, a very painful past.

But I have to focus on my future, and that involves my family, my friends, my career, and importantly Cody. I thought about it last night, my Dad was never truly happy. I could always remember seeing the pain in his eyes whenever I was younger. But I thought nothing of it.

"What are you going to say?" Cody asked me,as he started to drive on the parkway. "I have no idea." I told him, looking out the window. "Baby look at me." His voice brought goosebumps to my arms.

His slow thick Australian accent, made my inner inner thighs burn. I ignored the thoughts about what happened last night, and turned my attention towards him.

"Babe seriously. I hated seeing you cry last night." I looked over at him, his hand resting on my thigh. Not really helping my hormones right now Cody.

"I'm sorry. I overreacted." I told him simply, looking out the window. He groaned in annoyance, his hand squeezing my thigh. I jumped, turning towards him.

"Thank you for finally looking at me for more than five seconds." I looked at him apologetically, my small hand resting on his. "I'm sorry." I sighed, giving him my full attention.

"I'm going to stay by your side. So don't try to have any private conversation with your Mom. Because the last time that happened, we just left. And right now you really need to talk to her." I sighed, knowing how right Cody was.

"I know Just so many thoughts are going through my mind. I just feel so hurt. I should've known this the minute he passed away. She always told me that it was nothing. That he was drunk and he just..." I had to stop speaking as tears started to form. I remember that day. I remember it like it was yesterday.

~

"Honey I have to speak to you about something." I've just came home from school, and my Mommy was crying. "What's wrong Mommy?" I went up to her, her arms wrapping tightly around me.

"It's Daddy." I could hear the pain in her voice. I could hear the regret in her voice, but I couldnt tell why. "Mommy why are you crying over Daddy? Daddy was with his friends last night. Is Daddy home?" But I could tell that something bad had happened to my Daddy.

"Well Daddy was upset for a long time and he got himself into a very big accident." I looked at my Mommy, her eyes telling me that he was really hurt.

"Well Daddy wanted to be with God, so he tried to be with God." I looked at her with confusion. People go to God when they die. My Daddy tried to be with God? I bursted into tears, hugging my Mommy tightly.

"Come on we have to go see Daddy. He's okay. But right now we have to say our goodbyes."

~

I only had four hours with him before they pulled the plug. "Shh. It's okay Rosie." I could tell that Cody wanted to so desperately hold me. "I'm fine Cody. I'm just... You know." He gave me a sincere smile, his lips kissing the back of my hand.

"You love your Mom. I know you do. And I now that you're mad at her. But right now, you need her. And you know that." Cody said, his eyes showing pure seriousness. I've never seen him this way before.

"Cody of course I love her. And I know that I need her. Just today isnt the day for you to get all serious on me." I could tell that he was shocked and hurt by my reactions. But his eyes softened as he saw the pain in my eyes.