f i f t y

Ironic isn't it. In the past couple of months, I couldn't stand the presence  of Jack let alone his sight and now here I am, in a car with him fulfilling his forcing that he will do.

It's not true that time will heal everything, it's not. Well partly it's true but sitting and just patiently waiting for everything to be okay is not ideal at all. It will need time and effort to get what you want along with the other things that the earth has to give. Forgiveness, time and effort. Acceptance, time and effort. That's what Jack has been doing for the past weeks and me being an asshole of a friend for conducting a revenge is not good. It will only make things worse and will definitely not heal anything. I know. It will hurt the both of you. I still can't believe that I am courted by my best friend.

We pulled on a familiar side of town, at the foot of a familiar track and set of rocky path.

"Oh my gosh Jack, you're such a girl." I teased him. We entered the track along with Jack carrying a basket that her mom surely packed because he can't even take the tag on his shoes and I might say it's a brand. It suits him.

"Just stop teasing me, I'm trying to make you fall in love with me." He said and those words created a lump on my throat that I don't remember I have. I've already fell in love though. From him offering me a hoodie at the age of 8, I mean he's a young dude and he's already a gentleman which lesds him to a great man now. There are so many reasons that made me fall in love with him.

"Here's the spot, nothing special but for me, for us it is." He smiled at the view and admired it with him. He started unpacking and setting things up. I realised myself that this man is the one I want to spend with the next days, months or even years of my life. I can't live with this man not around.

He offered me to sit and joined me. We are now admiring the breathtaking view that we have here.

"What arr you thinking? You seem to be in awe." He smiled holding my hand.

"Who wouldn't? With this view? It's just so perfect and beautiful."

He laughs, "Yep, who wouldn't?" I continued to admire the view because a view like this is never to be left out of sight. "You are absolutely perfect and beautiful."

I looked at him and still his words always caught me offguard. We stared for maybe an eternity, just admiring the presence of each other. "Callista Theophilia Ford, I love you with all my heart. All I wanted in life was to admire every view, as long as you're with it. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!"