His Fate

Ganz winced as Papyrus wrapped the bandaged tightly around his ankle. It hurts but he would have to push through it. Just like when he was forced to ... take the determination pills. Ganz didn't dare to look at his brother. He just kept thinking back on when he ruined everything. When he struck him with an attack. Ganz mentally cursed at himself.
"No! Looking back on the past won't help me or Mel. Just focused on the now." Ganz frown deepened. Those words where had he heard them before?

"Hey! Ganz! Don't focus on the past. It'll only hold you back. Focused on the now. This is where you can make a difference." Ganz turned to Mel and smiled slightly at those words.
"Yeah... your right Mel. I should focus on the now... but. It's just so..." Ganz trailed off and looked down at the ancient cracked floor beneath him. Mel floated in front of Ganz and gave him a reassuring smile.
"It's what? Hard?" Ganz nodded in defeat.
"Ganz. Look at me." Mel lifted Ganz's face up to his. "I know it's hard right now, but if you just kept looking back at the past. The past will hold you back as well. So focus... on the now. So that you can learn from your mistakes and make the right choice." Mel smiled and continued " Whatever decision you make I'll support it okay? You not in this alone. Many monsters and humans are struggling as well. I'll always be there for you ok?"
"You promise?"
"... I promise Ganz."
Ganz smiled sadly at the memory.
"You promised... but I made you break it... I'm so sorry Mel." Before Ganz could continue to mourn for Mel, Papyrus's voice made him snap back into reality.
"Brother, did you hear what I just said?" Papyrus asked. Ganz shook his head and mumbled an apology to him.
"That is quite alright brother! I was saying that you might not be able to walk for a while since your ankle is injured. So you are staying inside the house for the time being. I must go sadly. Since I am the captain of the royal guards, I must train the Alpha's." Papyrus smiled as he began to walk towards the front door before he stopped and turned back to Ganz.
"I am sure you won't leave the house. Right, brother?" Papyrus said with a hint of warning in his voice.
Ganz nodded frantically. He just wanted Papyrus out of the house. Besides Ganz was sure with the state of his ankle, he wouldn't make it that far. Papyrus smiled happily at the response he received. And then he was gone.
Ganz curled himself up in a ball and cried silently into his arms. Why? Why did everything just keep on become more horrible?
"Mel... please come back... I need you."
.
.
.
"Mel... please... come back... I need you."
.
.
.
"... Ganz?"