Caught

Ganz stared in disbelief and terror at where Mel had stood. Mel... his companion... his friend... the one he considered a brother... was gone. And it was all his fault. If only he wasn't so scared, if only he didn't hesitate, if only he had been more careful, if only he had noticed Papyrus sooner.
"If only I was stronger... he would still be here...with me..." tears trailed down his face as reality came crashing down.
"Why? Why him?" Mel shouldn't have been the one who deserved that. Ganz clutched his chest as his breathing fasten. Tears fell from his eye sockets and into the pure white snow below him. Ganz felt despair beginning to wrap around him like a cloak removing all of his surroundings into darkness. Ganz immediately shook his head. No. He could mourn later, he had an even greater problem on his hands now. Papyrus. He didn't know how close he was to him, but what he did know was that he had to get the hell out of there before Papyrus got any closer or worse... capture him. Ganz looked around frantically his tears blurred his vision causing it harder to find an escape route. He tried wiping them away, but it was no use. They just kept on falling down his face. Papyrus smiled at the despair and tears on his older brother's face. It was such a lovely sight to see. As he made his way towards his brother, Ganz's head suddenly shot up facing him. The hatred and despair in his eyes caused Papyrus to stop for a brief moment before continuing towards him. Ganz took a deep breath in before exhaling.
"I can do this... I just have to get to the ruins and I'll be fine." Ganz wiped away at the tears once more before making a fast dart straight at Papyrus.
"If someone runs straight at someone... that person will stop right?" Ganz didn't have time to think the plan through but if it works, then that's all that matters. Papyrus stopped when his brother started charging at him. "What is he doing?" Papyrus wondered curiously. Papyrus suddenly noticed that Ganz was picking up speed with every step. Not knowing what else to do Papyrus dodged Ganz, making brief eye contact with him. Ganz smiled and continued to head towards the direction of the ruins.
"It worked!!" Ganz cheered quietly to himself. But it felt so lonely without Mel commenting every minute. Papyrus stared at the running Ganz in shock. The shock was completely changed into a smirk.
"Oh, I see what you were doing... brother." Papyrus started heading towards the Ruins after his brother. Ganz legs ached from the constant running that he forced himself to do. Even though he wanted to take a break he couldn't, he had to keep on going. He couldn't be lazy anymore. He couldn't afford not to care anymore. It just wasn't a luxury anymore. Ganz breathed heavily in the cold air as he closed towards the ruins door. A glimmer of hope sprouted in Ganz. Maybe just maybe... he could make it! Suddenly pain bloomed in Ganz's ankle causing him to collapse into the snow, just a few feet away from the Ruins stone door. Ganz cried in pain as he tried to get up, but his ankle refused to move.
"I'm so close! Wh-what happened?" Ganz forced himself to look at his ankle and the sight caused his blood to freeze. A long sharp bone was impaled in his ankle. The snow around him was dyed in a bright sickling red color.
"No...no...no no no!" Ganz forced himself to stay calm as he tried to sit up the best he could in the snow without causing more damage to his ankle. Gripping the bone Ganz's screwed his eyes shut as he quickly pulled the bone out. Ganz laid the bone aside; as it evaporated into thin air. Clutching his ankle Ganz let a few tears slip into his warm jacket.
"It hurts so much..." Ganz started getting dizzy from the blood loss. Ganz quickly shook his head. No! He had to keep it together if he wanted to not get captured. Suddenly he heard footsteps coming towards him. Oh, he knew who it was. It was the same person that injured his ankle. Papyrus.
"I-i have to get away!" Ganz started dragging himself towards the ruined door.
"I'm so close just a little farther..."
Suddenly he felt a cold hand harshly grab his injured ankle, causing Ganz to cry out in pain at the tight grip.
"Ah!"
Ganz looked up and saw no other then Papyrus smiling at him. Ganz struggled against the iron grip around his ankle but it was no use. He would just end up making the damage worse.
"I caught you~!" Papyrus sang happily to the other as he dragged Ganz to him. Ganz clawed into the ground but Papyrus was too powerful for him. He could feel warm arms wrapping around his back and waist pulling him close to Papyrus chest.
"P-papyrus l-let go of me!" Ganz continued to struggle against Papyrus; who didn't even budge an inch at his attempts to escape. Tears streamed down his face as he was placed in Papyrus's lap.
"Shh. It's ok brother. I'm here for you~." Papyrus rubbed Ganz's back while wiping away the tears that fell from his older brother's face.
"No one will separate us anymore brother~. I'll make sure of it." Papyrus hummed as he snuggled into Ganz's neck causing his breathing to hitch a little. Finally. He finally caught him... he finally caught Ganz.