Chapter 7: Operation Sponge Cake prank

"The look at Rantaro's face when you scare him is priceless!" Shuichi laughs.

They are sitting on Shuichi's bed, watching the video from Shuichi's laptop. He disguised the small camera into a flower design and put it on Kokichi's costume so Rantaro doesn't notice. Also, he wants to film the prank.

Once the operation is complete, Shuichi got the small chip into from the camera and puts it into the laptop to watch.

Now, the two teenagers are laughing their asses off watching this video.

"What are you two watching?" Shuichi's aunt said. She is holding a laundry basket and was about to head downstairs when she heard their laughter.

They stopped laughing and Kokichi quickly paused the video.

'Shit! We can't let her know about this. ' Kokichi thought, panicking.

He was about to quickly tell her a lie but Shuichi read Kokichi's mind and knew what to do.

"Me and Kokichi are just watching America's Funniest Home Video." Shuichi lied.

"I remembered watching that show when I was little. It was funny. Anyways, I let you boys continue watching. Sorry if I bother you two." She said, smiling. Then, she heads downstairs.

Kokichi looks at Shuichi, grinning. Shuichi winks at him.

'I'm so proud of you, Shuichi. ' Kokichi thought.

Suddenly, Shuichi had another idea for a prank. He knows that Maki is gonna be at the tea party. If Kokichi is here, she'll be suspicious of him.

"I just had an another prank idea. I heard that she is hosting a tea party on top of the hill where there's a summer festival. How about we do a sponge cake prank. I'll be at Kirumi's tea party where I'll have the small camera. Promise me you will switch the cake."  Shuichi said.

"I promise. You'll make the fake sponge cake and I'll be the one to switch it. This plan can't possibly fail. Nishishi~"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4:30pm

Kirumi's tea party takes place in the park, just like Shuichi said. It was a little bit far away from the playground.

Shuichi texted Kokichi that he's here at the tea party and tells him to start the operation. The navy haired boy is wearing a long sleeves white shirt and a tie. The small camera is designed as a tie so they won't noticed.

Meanwhile, Kokichi is wearing a rather causal but childish outfit: A shirt that said, I'm a goofy goober, blue pants, and red converse.

He had  a small white box. Inside, it was a replica of the sponge cake which is fake.

'It's go time. ' Kokichi thought with mischievous smile as he saw Shuichi's text.

Just as he was about to head over to that party. He heard a voice.

"What are you doing?"

"Ah!" Kokichi got spooked and turns around to see who that was.

It was a five year old blond boy. He is wearing a white shirt and blue overalls and wearing sneakers. He even his nose is runny. The boy was playing on the swing when he saw Kokichi.

"Oh. I'm just going to a picnic with my friends. See you later, Kiddo." Kokichi smiles and continues to head the party.

He doesn't want to tell the kid about the prank since it's top secret.

As he was walking, he senses that the boy is following him. He stops walking and turns around.

The boy is grinning at him.