Chapter 22: Everything Changes

We need to talk.

Those are the four dreaded words that Kokichi feared the most.

He is scared about what Shuichi is going to tell him.

"Sure. Let's talk." Kokichi said.

Shuichi lets Kokichi inside his house and leads him to his bedroom.

As they are going upstairs, Kokichi is thinking millions ways about what Shuichi means about having the talk.

'What if...Shuichi does not have feelings for me. Is that why Shuichi is feeling upset.' Kokichi thought, with a worry.

Finally, they went inside the bedroom. The boys sat on the bed. Shuichi is trying to think of how he is going to tell him.

'This is gonna break Kokichi's heart...but he has to know about this.' Shuichi thought.

Kokichi is patiently waiting for what he is going to say to him.

After a long moment of silence, Shuichi is ready to speak to him.

"I don't know how to tell you this." Shuichi said.

"It's alright. You can tell me." Kokichi replies. He even holds Shuichi's hand.

The ultimate detective takes a deep breath. He was feeling about this shaky about this.

"There are two things that happened badly. One is that the boarding school that go to got shut down and it is no longer going to reopen anymore." Shuichi said.

For some reason, Kokichi really has a bad feeling about this. However, he still wants to Shuichi to continue telling him.

"And what's the second thing?" Kokichi asked.

He knows that what he is going to tell Kokichi next...will change everything.

"The second thing is that my uncle's business is not going good. That's why I had to help out my uncle..." Shuichi whispers.

Kokichi nods. He respects Shuichi so much for helping his uncle with his business.

"But...one day, my uncle receive a phone call from my parents. My parents heard about how my uncle's business is struggling and how the boarding school got shut down. so they wanted to help me and my uncle. Luckily, they were able to find a really good business for him to work...however."Shuichi explains.

Shuichi is fighting back tears. It really hurts to witness Shuichi about to cry.

Kokichi squeezes his hand, with comfort.

"My parents told my uncle that the business and the school they found is located in London, England. My uncle made the decision to tell me this morning that....we are moving away." Shuichi said as he looks away.

Kokichi's heart has been shattered into pieces.

Moving away.

Those words really hurts Kokichi a lot. He was really hoping that when he gets to Shuichi's house, he was going to confess his love to him and to see him smile and say I love you to him.

Now, he receives the news that will change everything for the both of them.

Which means he will never see Shuichi again.

Kokichi is speechless right now amd does not know what to say.

"Kokichi?" Shuichi looks at him. It really worries him.

Finally, he looks at Shuichi.

"You know what? That's good. At least it will help with your uncle business. I'm feeling fine." Kokichi said, grinning.

You are lying, Kokichi. I know you are hurting.

Shuichi hugs Kokichi.

'Even your heart is breaking.'

After their chat, Kokichi went downstairs to head back to his house.

"Thanks telling for me. By the way, when are you and your uncle are moving away? He asked.

"We are moving away this Friday." Shuichi said, sadly.

Damn. This hurts Kokichi a lot after hearing Shuichi said that. Espesially since today is Wednesday.

He said goodbye to him and left.

When Shuichi shuts the door, Kokichi is walking back to his house.

Suddenly, tears are slowly forming in his eyes. That's when he quickly runs back to his house.

He wants to get his comfort place to release his sadness, which is his bedroom.

Kokichi runs up to his room amd locks the bedroom. Then, he goes on the bed and starts to cry.

It hurts that Shuichi is moving away. He even lied to Shuichi that he feels fine because he does not to see him break down.

Kokichi is going to miss him so much. His smile. His laughter. His kindness. And the fun that they had togther.

'I don't want to let you go. I don't want to be hurt.' Kokichi thought and continues to sob.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Kokichi  left, Shuichi went upstairs to his room, shutting his bedroom door.

Then, he starts to cry.

He is going to miss Kokichi so much.

Everything is going to change...and It will never be the same.