Chapter 12: A Party for Two

Ding dong!

It is 6:00pm and Kokichi heard a doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Kokichi said as he opens the door. Standing in front of him is Shuichi.

Shuichi has a blue bag in his hand. Inside the bag, it has his pyjamas, slippers, a Mad Libs book, and a few of his favorite books.

"Welcome to the party!" Kokichi said as the ultimate detective steps inside his house.

"Thanks for inviting me, Kokichi. You're the best" Shuichi grins as he sits down on the sofa in the living room.

"No problemo!" He said as he winks and did finger guns.

On the dining room table, Kokichi's parents placed a bowl of Doritos, and small cans of grape flavored pantas.

His parents saw Shuichi and smiled. They joined them at the Living room to have a chat with him.

Feeling thirsty, Kokichi grabs a can of panta and sits down on the sofa.

"So, how was your job, Shuichi?" Kokichi's father said.

"Oh. It was alright. Sometimes, it can be stressful when dealing with the paperworks." Shuichi said.

"I can imagine the stress when it comes with paperworks. Me and my husband had to deal with every single say." Kokichi's mother laughs.

Kokichi smiles and sips his drink. Seeing how his parents enjoyed having Shuichi here, made him really happy.

It was almost time for his parents to go to work. Then, his mother had her phone out.

"By the way, I should show you our favorite childhood picture of our son." His mother said, happily.

Suddenly, Kokichi spits out his drink, feeling shocked. He does not want his mom showing a embarrassing pictures to Shuichi.

"Mom! Don't you dar-"

It was already too late. His mother gives him her phone.

"This is the time when I chosed an animal costume for him for the play called Old McDonald." She said.

The picture showed him as a five year old, dressing up as a pig. He had a grumpy face on. He even crossed his arm.

Shuichi smiles and giggles.

MOOOOOOOOOM! Why did you have to show him?! I hate dressing up as a pig!" Kokichi angrily

But you look so adorable in a pig outfit." His mother said.

"We even gave you a cute nickname: little piggy." His father said, smiling.

Kokichi groans at that embarassing nickname.

Then, his mother showed him another picture.

The next picture showed Kokichi as an eight year old, playing with his Barbie doll. It even showed Mr.Chuckles.

Shuichi laughs.

"I did not know that he's interested in playing Barbie doll." Shuichi chuckles.

"Hey! Mr.Chuckles wanted to fall in love with someone for the first time. So, I bought a Barbie doll so she can be his girlfriend. I even shipped them as Chubie!" Kokichi said.

"For the last time, Kokichi. Barbie belongs to Ken. She does not belong to that silly clown." His Dad argued.

"So? I don't see a problem with Kokichi shipping Barbie with Mr.Chuckles. Love is Love. Let the ship sail. I even find it cute." Shuichi said.

"Why thank you Shuichi. See! Even he agrees with me." Kokichi said.

"I can't believe that you actually ship Barbie and Mr.Chuckles." his Dad replied shaking his head.

"So, what happened to Barbie, his girlfriend?" Shuichi asked.

"Well...my uncle's dog destroyed her. His dog chewed her all up." He said, sadly.

"I'm so sorry. Poor Barbie. Poor Mr.Chuckles." Shuichi said.

" When Mr. Chuckles was sad about it, I made a small scrapbook of him and Barbie together. He feels better now." He said.

Then, it was almost 6:20pm. It was time for his parents to go to work.

"Well, we have to go to work. Have fun you two!" His mother said.

"And don't cause any trouble." His father said.

"We won't!" Kokichi and Shuichi said at the same time.

As his parents left, the boys went upstairs to play video games.

Kokichi went to the bathroom to change into his favorite pyjamas.Which is his black and white checkered onesies.

Meanwhile, Shuichi changed into his blue pyjamas in Kokichi's room. He even wore a fuzzy robe and blue slippers.

The purple haired teen steps out of the bathroom. Then, he told Shuichi to grab the bowl of Doritos and two cans of Pantas while he sets up his video games.

Once they did that, both of them sat down to play super smash bros ultimate.

"So, who's your main, Shuichi? Mine is Marth." He said.

"Mine is the Joker and he's the best super smash fighter ever!" Shuichi said.

"Impressive. Last time you beat me. This time, I'm so gonna beat you." Kokichi exclaim.

"Bring it on, shorty." Shuichi smirks as he picks a battle field.

This made Kokichi mad.

"Oh that's it! You are going down!" Kokichi said and prepares to battle Shuichi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fun fact: I wrote this chapter when I was staying in a hotel room in Boston, Massachusetts with my siblings. By the way, the trip to Boston was so much fun:)