chapter 14: Party like rockstars

It's 7:40pm. Outside, it is raining at night.

After the boys finished laughing from their game of Mab Libs, they played a game of chess for a while.

Suprisely, Kokichi defeated him.

"Checkmate!" Kokichi said as he placed the king piece at the end of the board.

"I'm so impressed that you're so good at playing chess. How did you learn to play it?" Shuichi asked.

"Hm? Well, I found out about chess when I was twelve years old. My parents and I visted my grandparents. My grandparent's house is boring. They don't have television. Instead, they have this old fashioned record player." Kokichi said.

"But the next part gets interesting, right?" Shuichi said.

"You read my mind. One day, I was feeling bored and I looked around the house to see anything fun. Suddenly, I found my grandfather playing a game of chess with his friend. After he finished playing a game of chess, I told him if he could teach me how to play and he said sure." Kokichi said as he helps to put away the game of chess.

"That's so nice that you're grandfather teaches you how to play chess." He said, smiling.

"Yeah. I'll admit that I thought that chess is going to be boring. Suprisely, it's actually fun. It's all about problem-solving, planning, and patience." Kokichi explains.

Shuichi nods and takes a sip of panta that he took from the dinning room table.

So far, the slumber party is great. He even wants to learn more about Shuichi.

"So, what's your school like?" Kokichi asked.

"My school is okay and it's a boarding school. It's cool that I can have my own room and the food is great. However, there were a few problems though." Shuichi said with sadness.

"What's happened?" He questions.

"It's just that I really hate when people gossip a lot in my school. Especially when they talk bad things about me. People spread rumors that I'm just a spoiled brat because I have rich famous parents. I'm not a spoiled brat." Shuichi sighs.

"Say what?! That's not true! You are not a spoiled brat. Don't listen to them. People gossip because they want attention and to make themselves feel better." Kokichi said.

"That's true." Shuichi replied.

"Besides, rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots." Kokichi said.

"You're not wrong there." Shuichi giggles.

The navy haired boy was able to shake the negativity off of him, thanks to Kokichi.

Then, the purple haired boy thought of an idea.

"Let's head upstairs to my room and party like rockstars." Kokichi said as he hold Shuichi's hand and takes him to his room.

Shuichi blushes. He really liked it when Kokichi hold his hand.

When they got inside the room, Mr. Chuckles is on the desk.

"Aw. Hello Mr.Chuckles." Shuichi said as he pats him on the head.

Kokichi's phone is on the desk. He searches his favorite song on spotify and finds it.

The song is called Banquet by Bloc Party.

Kokichi hits the play button and the song plays.

(Play this song when Kokich is  jumping on the bed and later Shuichi joins him, having fun).