Chapter 18: Torn Apart

The two boys finally got home. Kokichi knocks on his door.

Kokichi's mom opens the door. When they enter the house, they see another man sitting on the couch in the living room.

It was Kokichi's uncle, Tom. He is the younger brother of Kokichi's dad. He even got his german shephard named Rosie with him.

His dad is sitting across from Uncle Tom.

Rosie is sitting on the floor.

"Hi uncle Tom!" Kokichi said as he gives him a hug.

"Kokichi! It's good to see you again." Uncle Tom said.

His uncle looks at Shuichi.

"Who's that other guy with you?" His Uncle said.

"That's Shuichi Saihara." Kokichi said.

"It's nice to meet you, sir." Shuichi said.

Kokichi's mother made homemade lemonade and set it on the table.

Kokichi told the ultimate detective that his uncle owns an amusement park called Kings Dominion. He went there before when he was ten years old.

"That's so cool that your uncle owns an amusement park." Shuichi said.

While they were chatting in the living room, Rosie got bored and went off to look for something to chew.

Rosie went to upstairs and looks around the hallway. She notices that Kokichi's bedroom is open. The dog went inside.

There, she finds something on Kokichi's bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"One time, my friend, who is a garbage man told me when he went to take out the trash, he finds a high school boy with pale skin and white fluffy hair. He asked why he is a trash can. The boy told him he was lucky he found a $20 on the sidewalk outside the school. Then, there were three guys that wanted to steal the money so they beated him up and puts him in the trash can. Poor kid." Uncle Tom said, shaking his head.

When his uncle mentions the boy with pale skin and white fluffy hair, it rings a bell for Kokichi.

"Ohhhhh! That's Nagito Komaeda! He's the ultimate luckster and my best friend." Kokichi said.

"Oh god! I heard that he is known for rambling about hope." Kokichi's Dad complains.

"Where's Rosie?" His mother said.

Everybody were so busy having conversations with each other that they completely forgot about Rosie.

"Huh? Where did Rosie go? His uncle looks around for the living room.

"WOOF! WOOF!"

They heard Rosie's barking coming from upstairs.

"Why is Rosie in my room!?" Kokichi said as he went quickly upstairs and goes in his room.

This scene shocks Kokichi and couldn't believe what he saw.

There are white stuffings on Rosie's mouth. Kokichi slowly looks to see where it comes from.

The white stuffings comes from the floor....where Mr.Chuckles lays there....ripped apart.

Kokichi went to where Mr.Chuckles is laying on the floor. He falls down to his knees.

"NOOOOOO!" Kokichi yells, feeling hurt.

The others came upstairs and are shock to see this scene.

"ROSIE! Come here!" Uncle Tom shouts.

Rosie whimpers and lowers her head. She went back to her owner.

Shuichi is heartbroken to witness Kokichi hugging Mr.Chuckles, crying.

"Oh Kokichi." His uncle said, feeling upset.

"Mr.Chuckles is gone!" Kokichi sobs.

"I'm sorry about Mr.Chuckles. We can buy you a new toy." His mother said.

Kokichi turns around to face his mother.

"A NEW TOY?! I don't want a new toy! No toy can ever replace Mr.Chuckles." Kokichi argues.

"You need to grow up Kokichi! Mr.Chuckles isn't going to last forever. He's just a piece of junk that is meant to be destoryed and threw away someday." His father said.

Shuichi looks at Kokichi's father, angrily.

"You are wrong, Mr.Ouma! Mr.Chuckles isn't a junk! He's a toy that brings happiness into Kokichi's life. A toy is something to cherish and treasure." Shuichi said.

Kokichi's father is speechless of what Shuichi said.

Shuichi came to Kokichi, who is still crying and hugging Mr.Chuckles.

He hugs Kokichi from behind with comfort.