Chapter 19: Kokichi's childhood Friend

The next day....

Shuichi wakes up in his own bedroom. He brushes his teeth, takes a shower, and gets dressed.

Yesterday was really emotional for Kokichi because Rosie rips Mr.Chuckles apart. Even Shuichi is upset because he also loves Mr.Chuckles too.

Shuchi went downstairs to eat breakfast with his uncle and aunt in the kitchen.

After breakfast, Shuichi went to go see Kokichi. When he arrives at Kokichi's house, he knocks on the door.

Kokichi's mom opens the door.

"Shuichi, thank goodness you are here. Kokichi is heartbroken." she said.

"Yeah. He's locked himself in his room. Please try to talk to him, Shuichi." Kokichi's father said.

"I will." Shuichi replies and he went upstairs.

He sees Kokichi's bedroom door locked and knocks on the door.

"Go away! I just wanna feel empty for the rest of my life!" Kokichi said.

"It's me. Shuichi. I want to talk to you." He said.

He could hear the sound of Kokichi coming to the door and the door opens.

Kokichi's eyes are red from crying. There are even tears stain on his face.

"Sorry if I was being mean to you. I thought it was my parents." Kokichi said.

"That's okay. I'm really sorry about what happened to Mr.Chuckles." He said.

"Yeah."

Shuichi goes to Kokichi's bed and sits on it. Kokichi also joins him on the bed.

There was a shoebox on his bed. The purple haired boy looks at it. Which made him tear up.

"I was planning on burying Mr.Chuckles....but part of me does not want to do it." Kokichi said, sadly.

The navy haired boy nods at him. He knew that it would be very difficult for Kokichi to bury him.

Kokichi grabs the shoebox and puts it on his lap.

"Hey Shuichi."

"Yes?" Shuichi asked.

"I have not told you about how I got Mr.Chuckles. Would you like to hear it?" Kokichi said.

Shuichi holds Kokichi's hand.

"Yes. I want to know how you got Mr.Chuckles." Shuichi said.

Kokichi looks at him. It's a very painful past that he had to deal with.

"I got Mr.Chuckles from my best friend. His name is Daniel Cheng."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*flashback*

Kokichi was eight years old when he met Daniel. They were best friends. The two of them would secretly play a prank on other people and not get caught.

Kokichi would invite Daniel to his house to play video games. The two woud have a great time with each other.

Daniel even go to the store with Kokichi to buy things. Suddenly, something caught Kokichi's eyes when he saw a purple soda.

"The grape flavored panta is the best soda in the whole wide world. You ever tried it before?" Daniel asked.

"No but I wanna try it now!" Kokichi said, happily.

Daniel paid the two pantas to the cashier.

Kokichi opens the soda bottle cap and drinks it.