Chapter 16

Maybe I need to ditch the knife. I mean I have a phone in my pocket as well. The knife can stab the phone. Although I'm more worried about what would happen if I used a knife on anyone. This is for Jeongguk's own good. If he and everyone else stays away from me, then it will all be fine. I need to get a grip. On my emotions, my actions. I just need to get a hold of myself. I don't know what has been happening but I've been more agitated, more likely to cause harm. My fingers fiddle with the tip of my knife, somehow, and in an unnatural and disgusting way, calming me down. "Jesus Christ." I take my hands out my single pocket on the jumper, taking my phone out as well.

Opening up my notes, I type what I need to get done.

-figure out next robbery
-create plan of action to kill coffin man
-go to training centre
-treat your wounds
-wear Jimin's clothes
-sleep

Prioritising the third task, I go back to the training centre. I was going to do research at the local library before I was forced to go to school, but I forgot to get Raymond's texts and see if there was any valuable information, as well as using their computer room.

I walk into the training centre, it hasn't calmed down much. The newbies are still half antsy. Though the duplicates of Eddie more common. I reach the elevator, pressing Raymond's floor. The doors almost close until a hand stops it, being crushed in the process. The boy winces, until his face lights up when seeing me. It was the boy from this morning. His smile makes me frown. He gives me enough space as he sets himself in the corner. "Thank you Ace." Surprise covers my features as my head slightly turns towards him. "Huh?"

"Thank you. For the lesson! I sharpened up the knife and am keeping it clean!" He says too happily for an assassin in training. I only gave him that this morning didn't I? Did I oversleep or something and his scared personality vanished? And what lesson? "What lesson kid, I only gave you advice. Basics. Didn't your instructor tell you?" He shakes his head in confusion. I sigh as I wipe my face. "Well this bunch is gonna fail. Probably become an under grade Eddie. Maybe even a helper if they're lucky." I say to myself as his eyes go wide. "But I want to be in the field!"

"Not like that you're not."

"Then... then teach me!" He bursts. By now I'm fully facing him. "Look kid-" "Beomgyu!" "Right, Beomgyu, you don't want me as a teacher. I've never taught anyone in my life. Not to mention I don't talk to people often. I actually kill people. People often don't like me."

"All the more reason to! You are the best, and if I can be taught by one, my skill will increase significantly. I won't be neglected of proper training, like just being taught to have a weapon at all times. I won't fail. I'll become the best."

"Im the bad guy Beomgyu. Why do you want to be one so badly."

"But you're not the bad guy."

My eyes go wide.

The elevator doors open, I turn away, walking down the hallway in silence towards Raymond's door. "I'll be waiting for an answer!" He shouts down the hallway. I open the door, as I seat myself in the empty seat. Does he ever leave this room? "Nice to see you again."

"Let me see the texts between you and the fake me." He hands his phone over after opening up the texts. "I have been texting him without him knowing that I know."

I scroll to my last conversation with him, which is just a text saying I was done the mission. I scroll from there, looking at the exchanges texts. "You spilled valuable information. You should have known it wasn't me." I say not looking at him. Out of my peripheral I see him rest his head in his hand. "I thought you finally had a change of heart. It seems I was incorrect."