/Chapter Eighteen/ Welcome to my World (Part Two)

I watched a very hesitant Toby toss the TV remote to a very distraught Eric.

"Remember, you can ask me or any of the other guys whatever it is you want to know. We all do the same thing and we'll be happy to help you to understand our profession better." Eric didn't look at me while flipping through the apps.

"Alright."

He took a seat next to me, sighed, and pressed play on the YouTube video he had just pulled up. It was called: "MISFITS HOUSE REVEAL".

"What's up bitches? It's your boy Swagger here!"

As we all sat around the couch, I noticed a few facepalms and snorts in response to the first guy's introduction because of our current situation, but then it hit me: the guy in the helmet, or "Swagger" as he called himself, sounded and had the exact same body type as Eric.

"What?" Was all I could say while I just shook my head in disbelief. Eric just looked at me with uncertainty while giving me a small smile. He probably didn't know what else to do and thought better of trying to touch me as I most likely would just slap him away.

"We got Inutt and..." He motioned to Toby who took a hit from his tank, "Toby!" "...and this dude [who was Jay]."

Swagger/Eric emphasized the fact that they were all in a house together before asking where Mason was. The rest of them just shrugged and said they didn't know before Eric screamed: "The fuck is that?!"

The group looked to the security cameras to where they all saw Mason in only his boxers and some swim goggles acting really weird outside the door. They all began to scream and laugh while Mason entered the house and cheerfully said "G'day boys!"

At this point, I think I've seen enough.

"So... you guys are YouTubers?"

Eric cleared his throat and shifted in his seat, "Yeah."

"So, you're all jobless then?" I silently judged all the men in the room, while Eric grimaced and proceeded to press pause.

"Well, not exactly. Take a look at where you are right now, sweetie." Jay smirked from the other end of the couch, "I understand how you might get that impression though. The term YouTuber does have a negative connotation but each and every one of us are good guys who make good money."

It was Matt who spoke this time: "Ever heard of PewDiePie? We're just like him but a group of people with way fewer subscribers."

"So is this kind of like the Clout House?"

The room erupted in laughter, while Eric once again turned to me, "In a way I guess? They all do their own things though, I'd like to think we're more like a family in the content we're putting out there."

"Oh. What makes you guys so special then?" I raised my eyebrows in curiosity.

"They're a group of gamers who all met either online or in person at some point before we started this whole YouTube thing together." Ryan said from my other side, "They're not competitive gamers or anything, just making random gaming content with dark and occasionally straight-up distasteful commentary for those who find comedy in it."

"Since, you know, no one's really brave enough to do it because of YouTube's strict policies nowadays. Cam explained, "We're constantly getting demonetized, which sometimes makes the experience shitty, but the sponsorships don't stop coming in because of our bold and just different approach of trying to make the gaming community laugh, so it's not all that bad."

"Hence The Misfits?"

"When we first came up with the name, it wasn't intended to allude to our personalities, but in the end it kind of just ended up fitting even better than we originally thought it would." Eric smiled at me, clearly becoming a bit more comfortable with our whole situation at the moment.