/Chapter Twenty-Two/ Swagger's Public Service Announcement

The limousine pulled up to the club as we all began to pour out of it.

I watched as the group began to enter the club as I just hung back while Alyssa did the same and just looked at me in question, "You coming?"

"Yeah. Head on in, I'll be there in a second." I smiled as she still just looked confused.

"Uh, alright." She turned around and made her way into the club along with the rest of the group as I just stared at the door a few moments longer wanting to be certain that she was definitely gone before clearing my throat to turn around and look at you.

"Hi there. You might know me as the sexy hunk of a man I've been described as throughout this story... or you know what? I take that back. You must know me as the sexy hunk of a man I am if you're still here. Thanks, by the way, I'm sure the writer appreciates that. You're probably asking yourself: 'Why the fuck is a character from a book breaking the fourth wall right now? This isn't Deadpool.' Which you're right, it's not. So, allow me to tell you the reason why I'm doing this..."

Eric looked around to see where he was. He was in the middle of a dirt road in the middle of nowhere where some lively club was for some reason, "...is because I'm aware some of you here right now are young and therefore very impressionable. So I'd like to give you a little bit of a lecture before the story continues."

Eric continues to walk towards you as he grabs some index cards out of his dress pants, "Alright, as you know from watching my videos and reading about me here: I smoke a good amount of weed." He looks at you sheepishly, "Just don't tell Alyssa that please, I don't think she knows yet." Sobering, he continues, "Anyways, back to the topic at hand: Don't do drugs and if you're going to, make sure you're in a safe environment around people you know and trust. Since you'll be under the influence, you probably won't be able to take too much responsibility for your actions which can lead to serious consequences if you're not careful to scan over the environment you're in beforehand."

"And as I've said before: wait to do these things until you're legal and you're responsible for your own actions. Don't make your legal caretakers or your friends go through hell because of your irresponsibility. We all know it'd be no one's fault but yours if you decide to do these things underage, but unfortunately, the law doesn't always see it that way."

Eric winks at you, "Abstinence is key, my friend."

"Of course, this applies to drinking as well. The world's a scary place but I promise you, grow up before you decide to try risky shit like this and you won't regret it. Not only will it minimize the risk factor as a whole, but it'll also make the whole experience you'll be putting yourself through a little bit more interesting as you'll understand yourself (and your limits) a lot better than you did when you were younger and therefore make the experience a LOT more interesting."

"Lastly, if you're ever planning on doing either of these activities of age or underage, DO NOT get into the driver's seat of a car. It'll be a whole different world of risk as you could very easily end your life or someone else."

"Hey, Eric!" Cam screamed at the much shorter man from the door of the club, "The fuck are you doing?!"

"The PSA the author's wanted us to do for a while now!" Eric called back to him as he ran over to him. Cam leaned down as he was now out of breath since Eric had walked really far away from the entrance since his lecture went a little longer than he expected it to.

Getting up once again, Cam looked down at Eric, "You mean the PSA that Scuffed originally did that they just wanted to copy?"

"Copy?!" Eric exclaimed, clearly offended by the taller man's remark, "No Fitz, this is some original shit. And who the fuck is Scuffed?"

"I don't really know. I just heard about them the other day from Ryan. Apparently, they're writing something called Person of Interest based on me. Bordie read some of it and apparently I do a lot of illegal substances in it." Fitz winks at you.

"Sounds terrible." Eric immediately responded, "Dope name though."

"I second that."

"That kids, is exactly what you don't wanna do." Eric turns back to you alongside Cam, "I know that drugs and alcohol are mentioned quite frequently in this story, but trust me, there's a lot of responsibility that comes with the fun in doing them."

Cam cuts in and points to you, "With great power, comes great responsibility!"

Eric nods in agreement, "And the risks factors and potential consequences that come with that based on the situation, aren't worth it ninety-nine percent of the time. Especially if there's a pretty good chance of losing one of you in that situation."

"You're worth it, each and every one of you. Don't fuck up your life, whether it is the chance of losing your life or your chances of getting into college. That's not epic, dawg."

"Guys! Like most of the scenes in this book, this one ran way longer than expected, get the fuck back inside now!" Toby screamed at Cam and I from inside the club.

Eric looked behind him and Cam, realizing the distanced they'd put between them and the club while walking towards you and giving you his PSA.

"Oh. Oops." Eric gave you one last look before making his way back into the club, "Thanks for sticking around, this chapter ran about eight hundred words too long. So see you back here soon for your scheduled programming."

Cam stood there a few more moments, waiting until Eric was far away enough to not be in earshot, "Seriously though, check out ScuffedMisfit's shit. They're kind of dope and one of the many reasons we exist. Shit..."

Cam trailed off as he noticed a very angry Eric bolting towards him, "They made their two main character's sing The fucking Scientist of all songs during our camping trip, way to dampen the mood of a perfectly good camping trip, asshole!"

Fitz gasped and pointed accusingly at Eric, "So you do know who Scuffed is!"

"Yeah, I know they made their two protagonists sing only the saddest song known to man to us on our camping trip." Swagger looks at you in frustration, "You ruined a perfectly good getaway with that scene. Apparently, a getaway doesn't mean you can get away from your demons anymore, huh Cam?"

Fitz just laughed, "That was a good joke, dude."

"Yeah," Eric just looked down at his watch, "One that ran too long yet again. Fuck! We gotta get back in there."

Swagger grabbed Fitz's hand, "In conclusion: Don't do drugs or alcohol if you feel as if it's a bad idea; chances are it probably is."

Cam cut in as Eric started to drag him back, "And read ScuffedMisfit's work. It's really good!"

Swagger just scoffed, "Yeah. Good. I still can't believe she ruined our camping trip like that."

Cam shook his head and looked at you one last time, "Just do it. I promise you won't regret it."

REMEMBER TO STAY SAFE. THANKS FOR READING AS ALWAYS.

SPECIAL THANKS TO SCUFFEDMISFIT ( ScuffedMisfit ) FOR THE NOT ONLY THE IDEA, BUT THE SUPPORT YOU'VE SHOWN ME AS NOT ONLY A FELLOW WRITER, BUT AS A FRIEND. YOU'RE THE REAL DEAL, AND I'M SORRY SWAGGER HATES YOU.

THE STORY OF MOVING ON WILL CONTINUE IN THE NEXT UPDATE, TO BE CLEAR, ERIC REALLY WASN'T SUPPOSED TO GO ON FOR THAT LONG.

REGARDLESS THOUGH, I HAD A LOT OF FUN WRITING THIS CHAPTER AND SPREADING AWARENESS OF THE RISK FACTORS OF DRINKING/DRUG USAGE. ALTHOUGH I CHOSE TO ADDRESS THESE ISSUES IN A FUN WAY, TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THAT THESE ISSUES ARE VERY MUCH SO A REALITY AND CAN HAPPEN TO ANYBODY, INCLUDING YOU, SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TAKE SWAGGER AND FIT'S WORDS TO HEART, YOU'LL NOT ONLY BE DOING YOURSELF A FAVOR, BUT YOU'LL HELP TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THOSE AROUND YOU.

CONTINUE TO BE GOOD ❤️ SEE YOU SOON.