\Author's Note\ An Update Regarding Future Updates

(THIS UPDATE WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED IN RESPONSE TO THE MISFITS TAKE ON FANFICTIONS, AS THEY DISCUSSED IN THEIR PODCAST A WHILE BACK.
I'VE DECIDED TO REUPLOAD THIS "CHAPTER" AS THIS STORY HAS REGAINED POPULARITY AS OF RECENTLY- WHICH I'M EXTREMELY GRATEFUL FOR, BUT HOPE TO GIVE YOU GUYS SOME SORT OF EXPLANATION AS TO WHY NO RECENT UPDATES HAVE BEEN MADE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE TOWARDS THIS STORY AND MY WRITING, IT MEANS THE WORLD ❤️)

Hey everyone! I'm sure you all already know why I'm doing this right now, but if you don't, here's why: On the latest episode of the Misfits Podcast (MASON IS BACK) Swagger, Fitz, Toby, and Mason responded to how they truly felt about fanfiction and fan edits- and to say the least, they weren't the biggest fans of our fiction.

...Yikes.

Anyways, long story short, they've been getting a lot of backlash from it over the past day or so. Believe me, I get it. If I were them, reading this story, or even just any story on this platform- I'd be pretty weirded out by it. While we're clearly some of the fans that idolize them a pretty good amount, it's not exactly the most favorable way for them to find out about that.

But that's not the point. These stories we've created over time aren't entirely about them- they're about us trying to create fictional worlds in order to come together with those who feel the same way we do about those people- who we don't even know- that we've come to look up to so much.

Now I know what you're thinking: "These stories we've created aren't entirely about them."- The fuck? Yes they are!

Literally- yes. Figuratively? As fucked as it sounds, they're so much more than that. Like I said, I feel as if we've created worlds based on these characters (who are actually real people). So yeah, I get how that's pretty fuckin' weird.

I never really expected to come a fanfiction writer. I always knew that I wanted to write- I just never had an idea as to where I would start, what characters I'd end up creating, what situation they'd be in. On top of that, I never had the time or even motivation to even go ahead and do it. But then one day I discovered a channel called "SwaggerSouls". This dude was fucking hilarious and slowly but surely I became addicted to his videos. Soon after that I discovered the rest of the Misfits crew and ended up surfing the fanbase to see just what everyone was up to.

One day I  had a spark of inspiration and decided, fuck it- I'm gonna write about these guys.

I myself found Fanfiction weird to an extent at the time and could never picture myself writing it. I'd imagined it could have been fun, but I just didn't understand how people wrote about actual people rather than fictional characters they idolized. However, I started trying it for myself soon enough in order to see how I really felt about it, and fuck, it changed my life.

I've met so many people, made so many new friends, and gained so much more confidence in myself because of this app and my works. It's made me so much happier than I could have ever imagined. This has been one of the most enjoyable experiences I've ever had solely because of the people.

So, I kept writing. Although I'll admit it always felt weird to some extent because I was always very aware that I wasn't writing about some characters I'd made up one day- I was writing about living, breathing, human-beings. Which is fine- I really respect the craft, it's just I was always very aware of the entire situation at hand.

Not many influencers have decided to say it (and be that blunt about the topic) but I get it. I always have. Which is why I'm likely going to discontinue this story- and I'll admit, a small part of me has for a good while now.

This book means everything to me, but I need to respect the people it's based on- those who made it happen. Because if it doesn't, then what's the point? What kind of person am I?

I'm not mad or even disappointed. I don't hate them, I'm not going to look at them any differently than I already did before, I just want to respect them and how they feel, since that's just going to reflect on me and how I feel.

That being said: I'm not leaving this app nor am I going to stop writing. I've been here for the long haul ever since I realized just how great of an opportunity this was. And hey, I've been wanting to expand into many other fandoms for a while now (specifically video game ones) and even start writing my own story with my own original characters some time!

I know this is likely pretty saddening for most of you, but my purpose behind writing is the happiness that comes with it. I just hope that reflects on you guys as well since that's what I'm here for. I love you all.

So if you couldn't already tell, I unpublished Twitch Partners and Catfished. I can't say that they absolutely won't happen, but what I can say is that they likely won't even be about the Misfits or anyone "real" if they do. As for Euphoria- I honestly love writing short-stories like my Fitz one, and they're pretty general scenarios and such- so I'll likely just replace the names with random ones and they'll be written about original characters I'll come up with, since as I said the concept of each one is already pretty simple.

Lastly, regarding Moving On, I can't say I really know what I'm going to do with it. It's definitely not going to get unpublished, but I don't really have any desire to continue it with the characters it features now. Therefore, I hope to have the time to rewrite this story with original characters at some point. However, that's going to be a pretty long editing process unfortunately. I just hope you guys are still here by the time I figure out my next move (:

I'm sorry guys. But as I stated earlier, I'm going to continue writing, always. I just think it's for the best if I take a few steps back from writing about those who are uncomfortable with it. I'm doing this for happiness- and I hope you guys will be happy with what's to come as well.

I can't say I exactly know when that will be, but I swear I'll be back with some dope new shit as soon as it comes to me.

I love you all so much.

Thank you for everything.

Your friend, Bubbles.

P.S.- Feel free to reach out with questions or feelings at any point.