1.Love at first Sight

Authors note
I have written this book with much compassion and passion and I hope that you will love it..

Let's talk..comment and vote...

One.

This was the first time I visited Dark Street since the occurrence of the horrific incident. It is five years down the line yet it still felt like three seconds ago. I had avoided the street like plague hoping my life will be normal but that never worked.

The only hope I had left to be at peace with myself was to visit the place till I felt that it was high time to forgive my old self that brought this nightmare to my life.

My mentor, Robert Booth had dropped me with his car since I had not been licensed to drive yet. My previous history with the police officers concerning driving was wanting and I was banned from driving for a period of five years.

I sat at the benches on the left side of the Dark Street. For the first five minutes I thought of totally nothing. I kept looking at the cars and trucks that passed by and if someone was stalking me, they would mistake me for a person with a compulsive mental disorder.

For once I felt that I was being drowned in an ocean and Robert was there to save me but I did not stretch my hand for him to hold me therefore I was left there helplessly to drown. There was help but am the only one who did not want to be helped.

I stood up and started walking away from those seats while keeping my eyes open to spot any liquor store. I was done with seeking help because I felt that clearly I was doomed to be the black sheep of our family.
My parents, Veronica Johns and Teddy Johns had already given up on me. They had spent their money in trying to rehabilitate me but the more they tried, the more I got worse. They had linked me to Robert, my mentor, and they swore to me that if I never got better, then they would disown me since I was not worthy of their love.
I spotted a wine store and my mind hesitated to go there but my legs trolled along the path to the entry of the wine store.
Don’t do this, don’t do this.
“A shot of Captain Morgan.” I gave the bar attender my order.
“In a moment sir,” The bar attender said and I sat at the bar stool and buried my head in my hands and patiently waited for my imaginary friend who was present in the liquor. Luke Dimitri was my imaginary friend.

The bar attender was so quick to serve me liquor and I knew for sure that he was God sent. I stared at the liquor for a while and then decided to take the whole of it.  I felt the thirst for it and a crazy craving and in a microsecond, I was holding it next to my mouth.

“Don’t do it,” I heard Robert’s voice and I thought of ignoring him as I closed my eyes and made the glass with the liquor touch my lips.

“You have me as a friend,” He said and I returned the glass to the table without taking a single sip, all I felt was the liquors’ smell that I had come to love. I needed a friend and since I had gotten a friend in him, I chose to listen to him.

There are no real friends in the world and that was a rare thing so I chose to keep him.

Robert settled the bill and we left the store and this was the hundredth time that this happened to me yet he was always there for me.

“I am sorry,” I told him and he smiled at me affectionately and this is his habit that I had come to hate.

“Don’t be sorry, as a matter of fact, I thank you for considering me as a friend.” He said ad I nodded.

“Don’t give up yet. The process of healing will take a while and you will learn to be patient.” He told me and I agreed to what he was saying.

“We are going to give this another shot, okay?” He asked.

“OK, I gave up so many times but this time I am going to try again.” I told him as he listened to me carefully.

“You can tell me how the addiction thing started as we walk back to the Dark Street.” He requested and I thought hard of when things started going wrong in my life.

“The epitome of my addiction is when elder brother Craig Jones ran away from home when I was 15.” I started narrating my nightmare.

“That is five years ago, right?” He asked.

“Exactly, “I said and he told me to continue talking of my past because that is what was going to heal me.
“He was my only friend yet he chose to flee without explaining anything to me. He did not even leave a damn letter. My parents kept on writing statements in police departments and hired detectives to track him but it was all in vain. He was their favorite so you can imagine how lonely and abandoned I felt since they completely forgot that I had existed. At one point they left for three months when they chose to look for him themselves but that did not work. He chose to leave and to date, I have never seen him.

In that broken state, I started stealing liquor from the freezer in my dad’s study and I secretly drank it sip after sip, a gulp after gulp and a shot after a short. In a span of one second, two seconds, a minute, an hour, a day, a week, a month and a year, I was very addicted to alcohol. I could do nothing with my sober self and that explained my savage attitude, my bad ego and a reckless behavior.”

“Am sorry you had to face that on your own,” The too good Robert told me and that is when I realized that we were already at the Dark Street.

I was not alone and I am not talking about Robert Booth, I am talking about a certain girl in the golden wheelchair that was designed to look like royalty. She had worn golden stilettos, a golden lingerie and her hair was white with denim endings. She kept staring at the road in the street with her right hand holding her chin up.

****

Authors note

Read, comment vote..

You know I love you all

*Sylvia*