10.TRAPPED

“I think you have seen my house, you can leave right night now,” I told Kendra who was checking out my room keenly.

“Wait, what! Are you throwing me out of your house?” She asked arching her eyebrows up in confusion.

“Leave,” I hissed louder than before and she just stared at me for a little while before grabbing her bag and walking out.

I threw myself to my bed and closed my eyes for a few seconds to reason and breath normally.

A knock was on my door and I ignored it and rose out of bed to lock myself from inside. I hated when people judge me without hearing my story first and that is why I was so mad at Kendra.

“Open up Kiddo, it I me Robb,” Robb said and I had to open the door for him just like the way I had opened my heart to him when I considered him my friend.

“What’s up man, tell me about your first day at school,” He really loved pretending yet I knew very well that my parents are the ones who called him to come over and have a word with me because he is the only person whom I listen to. Anyway, that is Robb and I can never be rude or disrespectful at him because he deserves all the respect.

“It was hell of a day,” I told him and he laughed but not in an annoying way.

“Freshen up, let’s go somewhere,” He said and I walked to the bathroom feeling better. I was getting out of that damn house and also, being with him could make me feel better.

He was downstairs when I headed to meet him and without question, I walked to his car without saying a word to my parents. I had worn a denim pair of shorts with yeezy sports after throwing on a plain whit round neck t-shirt. Simplicity in fashion was my vibe and I was not going to throw it away anytime soon.

“Don’t,” I told Robb when he got to the car and he threw his hands up in surrender.
He knew it better than everyone else that if he talked about them or my elder brother, then we will not get along. Since he valued our friendship, he did not talk about them.

He played a mixed tape of country songs and all I did was to sing along and hope that he will tell me where we are heading to in advance.

“Please tell me where we are going,” I said after twenty minutes of waiting.

“It’s a surprise,” He smiled as he parked in a five star hotel parking and I couldn’t keep calm.

“Man, you could have told me that I needed to dress to kill,” I said as he adjusted his tie in his white shirt. His blue tuxedo suit made him young and elegant.

“Come on Arch, you look good, as a matter of fact, you always look good,” He said with a smile on his face and I had to smile back at him.

We got into the elevator and I froze when I saw Elena inside holding the wheel of her golden wheelchair. I guessed that she was willing to ferry herself in the next floor.

When Robb learnt that she was the same girl she had seen at Dark Street, she walked out in a second just before the elevator locked us in.

Fuck you Robb. What am I supposed to do now?

“Hey,” We said at the same time and before it got awkward, I pulled my hand to greet her.

Who could really tell that she had a soft hand?

“…see you,” I heard her finishing the sentence that she was saying.

Dang it! Why was I not paying attention?
“What have you just said,” I asked when she pulled out her hand after I had hold it for kind of a long time.

“I can’t believe that you were not paying any attention,” She scoffed.

“I was just, eer carried away,” I said honestly running my fingers though my hair.

“Whatever,” She said rolling her eyes and, masking herself with a bitchy face that I have learnt to hate.

I puffed out air with my mouth as I waited for the elevator to stand on the next floor so that I would be done being in a closed room with this girl. She really gets to my nerves all the time.

She fished out her phone from a compartment in the Wheelchair and that is when the lights went off immediately. Darkness that filled the elevator was terrifying. I fear Dark places not to mention Dark Street. (That is sarcasm) Anyway, I fear the dark.

We remained calm, each one of us putting up with the ego of not talking to each other.

In a span of one second, the lights blinked and the elevator started moving at a terrific speed downwards.

“Oh my God. We are going to die,” I gasped looking for her to hold her hand.

“I never wanted to die like this,” She said in a low voice and it really moved me. She can be good when she wants to.

“Take my hand Elena, take my hand,” I told her as I looked for her hand in the dark room.

The elevator stopped descending and started shaking like a chameleon on a frail twig and made me fall on the far end of the elevator.

“Archie, I am scared, please don’t let me die,” She shouted as I tried to figure out my way to get to her.

“Are you okay,” I kept asking as I crawled to where she could possibly be based on the direction of her voice.

“Am not in my wheelchair,” She said and I figured that the shaking might have thrown her out of her golden wheelchair.

“Stay still!” I hissed and felt her hand. I held it firmly before she started saying that it was her legs I was holding. I did not bother to look for her hand, all I cared about was that I was holding her and she was not alone.

I continued holding her firmly as the elevator continued descending downwards before it finally crashed.

(Silence)

Authors note
Keep sharing the book.

So much love, Sylvia