9.LANES!!!

“What do you want, bitch?” Kendra asked after she crisscrossed her arms in front of her chest.

“Can I talk to you Arch?” She asked softly and I was puzzled.

“What do you want from him?” Kendra sked scanning through her golden wheelchair in spite.

She stared on the floor or some time to try and recompose herself and then she ended up saying please.

Kendra exhaled deeply and after telling me to tell her what the bitch wants from me, she agreed for us to talk in private. What is more, she took photos of herself in the golden hour of photography.

“You said clearly that I am not your friend,” I told her when we were all by ourselves.

“Arch, I am sorry,” She said and I shook my head in disagreement.

“I know you don’t believe me but I have the bitchy attitude to defend myself from mean people. I thought you were like them but I have realized you are not like them,” She kept explaining as she played with her denim hair ends.

“Elena, are you asking me out?” I asked and she said no and that no clearly meant yes. I know how girls talk nowadays.

“I know it is a yes Elena. I am sorry but I can’t,” I told her and she arched her eyebrows up in confusion.

“But why?” She asked after a while.

“I don’t give second chances to people who don’t like me at first,” I left her and walked back to meet the squad who had already boarded the Ferrari and all they kept waiting for is me.

“Let’s get out of this place,” I said and Clay looked at me then at Elena before finally driving off at an ideal speed.

The girls laughed naughtily ad I am pretty sure that Elena heard it. I did not care about her or did I?

“I don’t like that girl,” Kendra scoffed.

“I know when a girl wants someone and I am sure that she is interested in you Archie,” Katie said and I almost choked due to shock.

“I also noticed the way Spencer and Daisy were looking at you in our first class. “Becky said siding with Katie.

I wish she knew.

“Arch is hot and any other girl in the class is interested in him,” Kendra said and her tone depicted a bitchy attitude.

“Guys am here and I am a man too,” Clay said as he skillfully the steering wheel.

“You know I love you,” Katie and Becky said at the same time and it was very weird.

“Katie has this habit of saying I love you and we all know she meant that she loved him as a friend,” Becky said fanning herself.

Did she?

“Drop me here guys, I am good to go,” Katie Baldwin said after driving 200 meters further.

“Bye,” We waved at her as she disappeared into an expensive modern bungalow. I knew all along that they were filthy rich and she was kind enough to keep it low key.
I swear if she had chosen to slap it on our faces, then most of us could probably drop out of school due to low self-esteem. It is really a miracle that a teenage girl can deny the fact that she has more than 50 million dollars in her savings account.

“Aren’t we dropping you off? “Becky asked Kendra eyeing her suspiciously as we drove past Kendra’s house.

“Actually, we have plans,” I said and eyed Kendra who smiled briefly.

“When will it be official that the two of you are dating?” Clay said pulling over at my house.

“Sooner than you think?” Kendra said alighting from the car.

We waved frantically as they drove away and I took a minute to look at her directly into her eyes.

“Are you okay?” I asked as I touched a single strand of her hair.

“I am,” She said blushing and for a second and I took the time to look at her clear face. She was pretty and every Tom, Dick and Harry could see that. I felt that it was not my kind of pretty but then discarded the idea because it was not of any importance.

“What punishment were you given by the school principal?” I asked still looking deeply in her eyes.

“He forgave me,” She said looking away and I knew that she was lying to me.

“I am right here and I can tell that you are lying,” I told her but as usual my mom messed the whole thing up.

“My dear, please come over to the house with the visitor. Honey, Archie has brought a boy home,” She shouted happily and stopped trimming the flowers at the entrance of our house. She always loved gardening and she was happy to do this every three times a week and thus our house was the best looking in our estate.
“I am nervous,” Kendra said as we walked towards her. Her cheeks had turned slightly pink.

“How are you sweet angel,” My mother hugged Kendra affectionately.

For Christ sake stop the pretense.

I walked a step ahead to avoid hugging her only to be bumper to bumper with my dad.

“Son, you should at least introduce her to us before you go upstairs as usual,” He said laughing and enhancing the mood to be a joyful one.

“You know I can’t do that,” I flashed a look at him and faked a smile.

“Father!”

“I am Kendra…” I did not wait for her to finish. Instead, I took her by her hand and walked her into the house after pushing my dad aside.

I was not going to deal with those hypocrites at that moment.

“What was the meaning of that,” Kendra asked furiously as I continued holding her hand as we walked into my room.

I wanted to answer but I chose to ignore but then she spoke up and ruined everything.

“You should show some respect to your parents. You are here because off them you idiot,” She said harshly and that is when I chose to react.

Authors note

Rate the story so far on the scale of one to ten..

I love you all

Sylvia*