22

Author's note
I love your support guys, I could not resist the urge to post another chapter.

CHAPTER 22.
“Is it really mine,” I asked as I held it close to my heart.

“Yes it is yours Arch, you deserve it,” Robb said after he had just given me a brand new I phone X to replace the one that I had lost during the elevator accident.

“Thank you so much,” I said with the widest smiles ever.

Robb had volunteered to drop me to school before he surprised me with the phone of my dreams. Clay was on his own this morning and probably it would be a good time for him to hang out with the girls on his own. He loved their attention.

“How come you resisted the urge to get to that liquor shop?” Robb questioned me. Since he was my mentor, I was honest with him about everything that was happening to me including my bad stories. Actually, he is the only one who knows the darkest of my dark secrets. Don’t be quick to judge me by my looks because they might deceive you. My past is too ugly and sometimes I wish I would go back in time to change one or two things.

“Elena is the one who distracted me,” I explained but he continued looking at me quizzically.

“What are you not getting?” I asked because all the description I was giving about the denim hair ends did not give him the clear picture.

“She is the girl we saw at Dark Street,” I said and he nodded implying that  remembered her.

“The crippled one?” He asked for more clarity.

“Exactly,” I said and he smiled briefly and then took the rest of the time to think over something. I knew him like the back of my hand and I knew he was planning something special for Elena who had just delivered me from the verge of getting back to the lion’s den of alcohol addiction.

“We should have dinner the three of us together as a way to thank her for being there at the right time for you,” 
Didn’t I say that he would say that?

“I don’t know, I can’t ask her out you know,” I said and his mood changed.

“It is a command young man,” He said.

“I will try my best,” I replied.

“You must,” He made it clear before I got out of the car to walk to the vast school compound. I waved back at him before I concentrated on walking to the main entrance of the school. It was very noisy, I could hear the girls and the boys shouting or talking, whatever. Everyone at Liberty High is always striving for attention.
“Arch!” Someone shouted just after I had reached the second gate, just before the hallway and I turned to see Kendra waving frantically.

Of course, who else could call me at that hour of the morning?

She was relieved to see me and I waited for her to catch up with me. She had worn a maroon off shoulder stripped dress that displayed her perfect figure. She paired it with nude heels and she looked sassy. Her hair was in a neat bun and her mouth had a red lipstick. She was stunning and she was using her position well. I mean, no one could ever take the most popular girl tag from her. I had not checked it out on my own yet but Clay had told me that her followers had increased by almost 10k.

“Walk me to class,” She said knowing perfectly that I would be humbled to do so but to me that was not what I had intended for her this morning.

“Good morning Kendra,” I said.

She stretched her hand for me to snake it in mine but I completely ignored her and took a step forward.

I didn’t intend it to be public but when I heard Kevin Hart and Liam laughing I knew they had seen the cold treatment I had given Kendra. Many people think that popular girls can boss their boyfriends around bit trust it when I say that she cannot force me to do what I don’t want to do.
“You can’t do this to me,” She shouted not loud enough for people to hear.

“Why don’t you ask Mr. Brown to walk you to class every morning?” I asked sarcastically.

“Damn! Stop being so basic,” She hissed.

“By the way, walking you to class is just as lame,” I was too engrossed in arguing at her and when I leaped forward I just crushed to her.

“I am so sorry,” I said after getting my balance in place.

Lord, it is Elena, why does this bumping on each other keep happening? Or is it that there is something that is bringing us together but we are choosing to ignore it?

“Today I am not accepting your sorry, if you want to really mean that you are sorry, then help me push my wheelchair,” She said with a plain face, I could hardly read anything from it.

“Sure,” I said and I did not notice that Kendra was there to see the whole scene we had till I saw her rushing down the hallway, I guessed that she was going to the bathroom or something. I did not care.
Not yet.

“Am I too fast,” I asked as we walked pat the other students who could not help but stare. Some were recording videos and I knew something bad was going to come from this whole thing.

“No,” She said as I kept pushing her forward.

“Its fine, I will take it from here,” Betty joined us when we got to her locker.

She placed her combination and opened her locker. The theme colour was golden and much to my surprise, everything was in perfect order.

“Thank you Arch, you can leave now,” Elena said as Betty handed her the books.

“Ok sure,” I said and started walking away but then I remembered something.

“Elena,” I called her name and she looked at me with her perfect Hazel eyes.

“Yes,” She said and waited to for me to speak up.

I stared at the collar of her dress and at that time, I could feel my hands getting wet, probably from the sweat that I was shading since I was too shy to speak.