19.KEND

I stormed into the house and got him teaching to my girlfriend and his eyes threw daggers at her bosoms and her tiny cleavage. The hell!

“Stay away from him because all he wants is to fuck you and drop you Kend.  That is what he always wants from the girls of your age,” I said steadily without thinking for a second that he was our school principal and he would suspend me or throw me out of school for that matter.

“I beg to differ young man, you are disrespectful,” Mr. Brown said clenching his fist because of anger.

Kendra looked at me and walked towards me before she finally slapped me hard on my face and I tasted blood in my mouth. The pain was very intense.

“Stay fucking away from me, I need to study, “Kendra said and she was so pissed to the extent of spitting on the floor.

“I am sorry Mr. Brown for his actions, he is not in his correct senses. We are dealing with a reformed drunkard here,” She said and I looked at them and felt bad for what had happened.

I was risking my school life to look out for her but she did not even attempt to look out for herself.

“You have to make a choice, me or this woman who fucks every other girl he lies his eyes on,” I said and waited for her to make a choice.

“Stop being so basic, “She said pacing in their study room just beside the living room.

“That is enough man, just leave. I was your brother all this while but you threw it away just like that, how dare you insult the man who accepted you back to school despite your records,” He asked patting me on the back to ensure I lest he house in peace.

I felt broken that I had lost Clay as my best friend. I mean, who else could be there for me? I know you would mention Robb but he is more like a father to me than a friend.

“I choose him over you,” Kendra shouted as Clay escorted me outside the house. I felt a small lump in my throat that increased and caused me to swallow bitter saliva down my gut. The pain did not subside till fresh tears flowed don my cheeks. I had lost everything I ever wanted in my life and I craved for one thing that would make my soul be at peace. At this moment, I did not feel my heart because it was shattered to pieces.

“Man are you okay?” Clay snapped me back from my thoughts when he knocked the driver’s window.

“Damn!” I had been picturing the whole situation the while time. Fuck! Everything felt so real and I was grateful that I took the moment to think clearly before making a rush decision. I had never been grateful like the way I was now in my entire life.

I opened the driver’s window and Clay was excited to see me and I felt my heart melting. At least I have my fiend back. Well, I know he was not lost.

“Hello man,” He said and I got out of the car.

“I am cool Clay,” I said patting him on the back.

“You don’t seem that okay,” He said scanning me with his eyes.

“Well, that’s right. I just have something to ask you,” I said shortly.

“Okay man, go on, am listening,” He said enthusiastically and I was relieved.

“Just promise me Clay that no none or nothing will come between us brother,” I told him and he laughed making my cheeks redden a bit.

“It sounds kind of lame but you know I always got you. Your brother was a good friend of mine and I owe it to him to protect you,” He said this and I was left clueless.

“Did he tell you to look after me,” I glared at him to ensure he tells me the real truth and nothing but the truth.

“No, he did not tell me he was leaving either,” He said and I realized we were on the same page. Hmph! It was such a relief.

“Let us not talk about him right now,” I said after a moment of silence.

“Totally,” He said and I nodded.

“Is Kendra done yet?” I asked trying to change our topic of discussion.

“I don’t know, but I think she is almost,” He said and I nodded.

God! I really hope that he is not touching her, oh no, please don’t make him stare at her juicy lips.

“How are you and the girls pushing through,” I asked him removing the focus from Kendra an also making myself not to overthink about her and do what I had pictured to go down.

“They can never know that I am playing both of them. I play my cards well,” He said and I chuckled.

You wish.

“Whom do you love most if I ask? Please answer the question honestly,” I begged as I waited anxiously for the reply.

“There is nothing like love in this world. The L word is what people call when two people choose one another and stay with one another for good and when things get difficult, some leave and some decide to endure. If there was love, there could be nothing like divorce,” He said and I knew that he did not take the relationship with the girls seriously.

He was just fucking around to calm his youthful lust and burning desires. I could not blame him since his parents were not together anymore and he did not see that look in their eyes when they talked to each other. My mother loves my dad and vice versa. Even without saying it loud or buying each other expensive gifts, I could see in the way they treat each other. They were happy and maybe that is what I wanted with Kendra.

I believe in love and I was going to believe in it till the end of time.

Author's note
The book is currently at 284 reads, please let's share and hopefully we would get to over 800.

I love you all esp Stephanie😜