8.Punishment

Authors note
Keep sharing the book. Please vote and comment.

CHAPTER 8
My face had completely gone pale by the time I was seated directly opposite him. My hands were sweating and I kept on wiping them on my sweatpants. I kept praying for the punishment to be mild because I was so sure he would never fail to punish me. If he punishes Clay whenever he does something wrong, who am I to go Scott free.

“….go to class!” He ordered and that is when it dawned to me that I was not paying attention at all.

“I am sorry sir, but I have not heard what you said,” I said staring at my fingers to try and conceal the guilt that was over my face.

“What is wrong with you kid!” He flashed a look at me and continued to freak me out more.

“I am sorry for everything sir, but please don’t throw me out of the school,” I mumbled and I kneeled down to beg him more.

“Are you out of your mind?” He asked shaking his head in disagreement.

“I know the chance you gave me was the last and I screwed it, I know it is stupid but please give me another chance” I continue begging him as tears started flowing from my eyes like water from a faulty tap.

Damn it Arch! You such a chic. Who does that?

“Have a seat!” He glared at me and I followed his command just like a dog listens to his master.

I continued looking at him as I awaited the judgement and he really made it worth my while for the whole situation to sink in my mind. He got out of his chair after pulling it noisily and walked to the vast window. He paced tapping his finger on his chin and suddenly he lightened up and I knew that was it.

“I am not perfect,” I said and tried to victimize myself but it did not work. He was smart in that and he just silenced me when I had started talking of perfection.
“Do you really love her?” He asked and it was really strange. How does that have to do with anything here?

“Of course not, it was just a silly dare,” I scoffed with some little courage that I had gained when the mood become a little bit encouraging.

“Are you sure about that young man?” He asked me staring at me directly into my eyes to find all the truth he was looking for.

“I can swear it now sir,” I said standing on my feet.

“I believe you son,” He said half smiling.

Wait, did he just call me son? Is this what am thinking, that I will go Scott free since he is my best friends dad?

“Go!” He ordered and I stood there puzzled not knowing what to do.

“I said go kid, your fiends are waiting,” He confirmed this and I felt like I was in cloud nine.

I got out of the office and the urge to walk on my heels was deafening.

I was deep in thoughts praising Clays dad that I ran into a wheelchair and scattered all the books she had been carrying on the floor.

A particular paper was floating on the air down on the hallway and I had to get it. I could not resist the urge to read it therefore I read it.

“ELENA AVOLOR”

“Hello Elena,” I said as I handed her the paper.
She looked at me her mouth fuming and I recalled to pick up the books and organize them well before people crowded in the hallways. I had missed the afternoon class but I did not care since I was free from punishment and also I got to know her name, not just a girl in the golden wheelchair.

“Next time just take a look at where you are going,” She said looking at me up and down.

“Hmph, you have got a bitchy attitude that you bring to me each and every time,” I said running my hands through my hair.

“It is not like you don’t deserve it,” She said exhaling a groan and rolling her eyes.

“I deserve it,” I said after the deafening noise of the bell stopped and in a span of a second, students were filling the hallway. Just like a message from God himself, I saw Kendra.

“Kendra wait,” I said without bothering t look at Elena who was still looking at me as if I was responsible for her being crippled. I mean, she doesn’t have to have that bad bitch attitude. She is just a crippled and what is more, she should just chill and be humble and do everyone that favor.

“I am sorry you got in the mess because of me,” I just said that.

“You know what? Just shut the fuck up,” She said and dip her hands in the pocket to get her phone.

“Thank you Arch,” She said handing me her phone only to see that she was the trending person on Instagram because of that video. Many people assume that dating a popular kid is just for show but I want to make it clear today. The popular people have soulmates who love them so much and it is such a shame that you keep hating on them.

“Anytime,” I said and checked my Instagram account only to find out that I had gained over 200 followers in a day yet I am just Archie Johns. Maybe I loved popularity to some extent.

We took another picture by Clay’s Ferrari and we looked like goals and for that natter our caption was goals. In three minutes time, Kendra had over 100 likes and that was an achievement.

We sat at the waiting bay and waited for Becky, Katie and Clay who were to come in five minutes. I did not know what they were up to but I would find out from Clay later. I just hope he was not kissing them in turns. Clay was capable of anything when it comes to girls.

“So what did the principal tell you?” I asked her.

“Nothing really,” She said tucking a strand of hair behind her ears.

Before I could insist on getting the exact statement, Elena wheeled herself towards us and Kendra could not hide the fact that she was looking at her like a piece of garbage.