23

The bell rang and that generally gave me a mixed feeling. I felt bad because I had not told her about the dinner plans and I was also happy because I was shy and I did not know how to say that in front of the two of them.

“See you around, Archie,” Betty said with a sweet smile as she wheeled her away.

I got to my senses and paced to my geography class so that I could get there in time only to be stopped by Beth.

“I saw what you did,” She said and moved a step forward blocking my way. She had tons of make up over her skin and the wing in her eyes made her a typical badass.

“Pssh! What are you talking about,” I pretended not to know what she was talking about and I clearly knew that she was talking about what I did to Kendra few minutes ago.

“How does it feel to turn down the most popular girl whom every damn kid in this school wants her place if not wishing her dead, “She said with a bitchy tone eyeing me up and down.

I had not seen this badass side of her. I now understand why Clay is cheating on her with her best friend Katie. Men love polite and respectful ladies. That is a free advice I am giving.

“How about you stick to your fucking business,” I said with a smirk.

“You wish,” She said and cat walked away moving her hips under that satin dress side to side provokingly.

The hell! I sighed as I walked into the half-filled classroom.

The best seats at the back of the class were already taken by the lame boys. Talking of lame, Kendra was sitting between Liam and Kev.

Not in my watch.

I angrily walked to the back and kissed her on her forehead and she looked at me with red swollen eyes. Jeez! She can really sweat on the small stuff. For Christ sake, it was just about walking her to the hallway for people to see the two of us and rate us as goals. Just for the opinions of people, nothing much. It is not like I had chosen someone else as my plus one in a red carpet event instead of choosing her.

Girls! You can never understand this mysterious creatures. Whatever, if you think you understand them please write a book and save us all.

I am a man with pride. It is better she sits with someone else other than those lame dudes. Why do they even consider themselves being cool?

“Sit at the front or it is over between us,” I whispered in her eyes and smiled so that everyone who was throwing daggers at me by staring at me hard enough could not tell what I was telling her.

Cay waved at me and I went over to sit next to him and the girls. I sighed playing with my pen as I waited for her to take action. 

One, two, three…

Twenty, she remained seated just as the teacher walked in through the door.

Hmph! She disrespected me.

My thoughts wondered throughout the lesson. I could hear Mr. Craig talking but I could not fathom what he was talking about. People had written tons of pages and the only thing I had managed to write was the heading which was, Tropical Forests in Africa.

I was distracted from schoolwork all because of this girl. I was so fumed and I couldn’t held throwing wild stares at her. I wanted to hurt her just the way people have hurt me in the past. How dare she not listen to me? I am always right, I knew the guys will take me for a fool when I lost her and how could I even go to that school when Mr. Brown, Liam or Kev had taken my place in her life?
“Fuck!” I cursed in a powerful voice throwing my pens on the floor and the attention of the entire class was on me.

“The hell man!” Clay said since he was totally surprised by my actions. I had not done this before in my entire life.

“What is going on Archie Johns?” Mr. Craig ordered me to explain myself.

I nosily got out of my seat and ran outside to the empty hallways until I saw her sitting at the very end. I walked towards her hoping that no one could follow me outside because I needed to think straight and have that moment to cool my nerves.

I tried to think straight but I ended up massaging my temples which were starting to hurt like hell. 

“Breath,” She said after wheeling herself to where I was.

“Elena I really need a time alone,” I begged sitting at the toiled floor of the hallway.

“Just take a minute to breath, forget that I am here,” She said calmly and I could almost mistake it from my brain giving that command.

I took dep breaths and concentrated on them ignoring and discarding any thought that come to my mind.

After a minute or so of just breathing. I managed to calm down and I could actually feel better.

“Thank you,” I said when I could feel myself being normal again.

“Let out your anger in piece of poetry instead of letting it to consume you. It is capable of killing you. When you are angry, just write anything and everything and you will feel a lot better,” She said with a light smile.

“I will try to,” I said thinking over the side effects of rage.

“Feel free to talk to me, I am not bad as you think.” She said and I chuckled.

“Don’t tell me you forgotten how you treated me at first,” I pinned the hatched that I did not burry.

“I was doing that to protect myself,” She said shyly.

“Protect yourself?” I questioned.

“Yes,” She said.

“From what?” I asked curiously.

“Let me put my answer this way, how would you react when the hottest girl in the school talks to you and you were just a crippled girl who was not that pretty?” She asked.