14.POPULARITY

Each time I stared at the handwriting the clear picture of the owner come to my mind. The handwriting belonged to my brother. I had to make the greatest decision in my life that instant. It was this simple, if I read the letter, then I would have chosen to listen at him yet he did not deserve my time. I could not give it to my parents either because they would trip over it, so all I had to do was to hide it safe and forget about it for the rest of my life.

I joined the rest of the family for dinner and as usual I only answered questions addressed to my Robb and ignored the question asked by my parents. By now, they are used to it and according to how they behave, it doesn’t hurt much. However, a small part of my heart felt sorry for hiding that information from them, but I did not want to overthink my decision, so all I had to do was to keep that little secret.

“He used to write a lot before I mean everything,” My mom kept on saying.

“Forget it mom,” I muttered hitting my fork hard against the baked chicken.

“You should join poetry class, thank me letter,” Robb said after taking a bite of his pasta.

“I don’t know man, I don’t want to be involved with so many things around school. I have a rehabilitation center to attend to remember,” I excused myself and he did not buy it.

“Try, I will talk to your English teacher to get you a tutor to help you in your writings,” He said and to me it sounded great and I could not turn the offer down. I mean, I loved writing things and poetry could be my escape.

“I will give it a shot,” I said and everyone was excited for me for the rest of the dinner.

***

“Why are you driving Clay’s car?” I asked Kendra who come to pick me up in place of Clay.

“I see you are okay Archie, buckle up and let’s get to school,” She said skillfully driving the car from the parking.
“Can you at least answer my question?” I asked and she rolled her eyes.

“Does it bother you when I hang out at your friends place instead of your place which for that matter you told me to leave,” She asked taking the school lane.

“Of course I don’t care,” I said sarcastically and she started paying attention at me as she slowed down the speed of the Ferrari.

“I care dammit or should I not,” I said grabbing her hand off the steering wheel making the car beep severally.

“Okay, okay Arch!” She said chuckling as she completely reduced the speed interfering with other student driving in the highway. They all muttered fuck you but we did not give a damn.

“Now you care about me,” She asked.

“I do,” I said.

“Oh Arch!” She said sliding over to give me a small peck as we got to school.

We were already used to the cold stares they gave us so it was like a normal thing already.

“Why were you at Clay’s house?” I asked once again holding her hand so that she could not leave.

“His father invited me over for breakfast,” She said happily as if it was a good thing on my side.

“Why, what? How,” I asked arching my eyebrows up in confusion.

“He texted my dad so I had to go. He will be my math’s tutor and I am excited to improve my grades thanks to him,” She smiled saying this.
“I could be your tutor Kendra,” I said in frustration.

“Reality check Archie, you almost dropped out of school. I mean, you were not in school for a good part of last year. You should be in senior year now,” She said and got out of the car.

I remained numb for a while thinking about what Mr. Brown could do to her I can’t deny the fact that he is an excellent principal and teacher. His weakness for women was very frightening.

A rumor had gone around that she dated her students but we brushed it off and concealed the source since he was my friend’s dad. I did not trust him with Kendra. I can’t blame him for loving girls because he lost his wife a short time after she delivered Clay. That also explains why Clay loves girls and getting attention from girls. She lacked a mother figure so that is why she is capable of dating two women at the same time.

“Hurry up, you have to walk me in the hallway,” Kendra nagged checking her pink pretty watch to ensure that she was not late for the first morning class.

“Nice gigs baby,” She said out of the blues.

I smiled at her and she rubbed it off saying she is waiting for an official date from me.

As usual, her hand was snaked against mine as I walked her to her locker before I could head to my locker. Ladies first they say. Her African harem pants were outstanding especially the way she paired it up with a black laced crop top that showed her seductive cleavage. Before I forget, her nude colour sandals played the role in completing her look for the day. I swear, she was the hottest girl in the school and I promised myself that I would not let her slide past my hands.

“I had to cycle to school with Becky this morning because I spent a long time with Katie yesterday. They both need me,” Clay said after I locked my locker and found her sweaty self-waiting for me.

“I don’t know man,” I told him nodding at the students who had come to like me. I was popular. My looks was what every girl in the school wished for and my gentleness touched many hearts.

This is the life I want for myself, not the one I had some time back all thanks to the son of a bitch who was once my brother. Wherever he is, may he suffer the same fate as mine.

Authors note

Thanks for reading...
Till next time.