6.Outside The Hall

CHAPTER 6
I raised my finger to wiggle at her but she turned her face away and I was left staring with my hand up.

“What are you looking at?” Kendra asked looking in the direction I was looking at and she saw the girl in the golden wheelchair.

“She is new here, I have never seen her before,” Kendra said still staring her.

“Do you know her name?” I asked her and she rolled her eyes and I had to change the subject.

Teacher Crane resumed with his lesson and finally the bell for break rang and it was such a relief.

I really wanted to remain and talk to the girl but Kendra pulled me outside and I had to leave with her almost immediately. Becky thorn and Katie were holding Clays hand and he really loved the attention he was getting. I was not sure about Kendra yet but I tagged along. For the girl, I would talk to her some other time. It was not like I was going anywhere.

We left the ladies to go and pick the table we would sit during lunchtime as we rushed to the men’s room. I was happy I would finally breathe because I hated being around girls and also because I would have some man to man talk with Clay.

“Is it Katie or Becky,” I asked Clay as I zipped the fly of my trousers.

“I don’t know man, the more, the merrier. I can have them both, that is if I play my game damn well,” He said and there was nothing more I would question.

“I cannot say that it is a bad idea, anyway, the bitter truth is that once they find out, you will be stressed about the same,” He said and he gave me a smirk implicating that I did not know him well as he wished for me to.

“I play my cards damn well and if they find out by chance then I will not trip over girls,” He said as we walked out of the washroom.
“Okay man,” I said giving him a playful slap on his shoulder.

“Your brother once had…” He started saying but I interjected immediately.

“Don’t ever talk to me about him, I hate him and I blame him for everything bad that has happened to me,” I told him and he nodded apologizing to me over fifty times as we approached the noisy dining hall.

I always wished for him to come back home but each passing day, I am reminded of how he left in the first place and it really kills me. Maybe his leaving was the best thing that happened to us and that is what I wanted to prove. I had failed once and I am back up to prove myself to Robb especially. 

“Get out of this fucking table,” I had Kendra shouting with her perfect voice that made her more popular. She sang covers and that earns her bonus followers on Instagram every day. That reminded me, I needed to check my account to see the number of likes in our picture.

“You don’t belong here,” Katie pouted at the lady in the golden wheelchair when we got to them.

“You have heard the girls, get out!” This argument had caught the attention of the people dining in the dining hall and some had gone to the extent of recording the video as the girl in the golden wheelchair was being shamed.

She bit her lips hard not to cry but tears started falling from her eyes like water in a faulty tap.

“You should not cause a scene,” I said with a hoarse voice as I was trying to contain my anger.

“All and sundry knows this is our table, “Kendra saying rolling her eyes.

The girl in the golden wheelchair stared at us and left wheeling herself out at a high speed.

“I am sorry,” I said in a whisper and I was sure she did not hear it. I would have followed her outside but the squad was waiting for me to join the. Therefore, I promised myself that I would check on her before lunch break was over.
We ate apple and sandwiches as Clay told the girls to plan road trips, after all, we had a new Ferrari to show to the world.

It was quite evident that he was paying more attention to what Katie said than to what Becky said and my only worry is that Becky should not know his real intention. Kendra said that hanging out with me was very cool and I knew for a fact that she was kind of asking me out. She could not just say, Arch, take me to dinner tonight.

I excused myself to get some free air and that was the only chance I had to talk to that girl. Kendra insisted that she should follow me outside but I gave a lame lie of talking to my imaginary friend. It is really lame, laughing out Loud.

Anyway, I got the chance and that is what is important right now. She was seated on her wheelchair and facing the other side so I creeped up on her and that was stupid.

I touched her hair with denim ends and she almost jumped out of her skin for she was very shocked. There is nothing boring and bad like a person invading your personal space and to make matters worse, you don’t know that person. You have just seen them twice or once in your lifetime.

“I don’t like the habit,” She said fuming.

“Sorry,” I said not knowing what to do.

“Are you here to make my day a living hell, because your friends have made it worse already,” She said with little pain that could be felt in her voice.

“No, of course not! I am here to apologize on their behalf. Just know I am not one of them,” I told her pleading with my hands.

“Sure,” She said shortly and looked at me with her hazel eyes. I felt a wave of butterflies in my lower abdomen.

“What is yoyur name angel?” I blurted out.