18.

“Hey, take a shower, it is getting late,” She said after we had had the pillow fight for over five minutes.

“I don’t want to be far away from you,” I said and waited for her reaction.

“I love your company too,” She admitted and with a smile, I kissed her on her forehead.

“It is like a dream to be this happy you know,” She said and wanted to say something more but her phone rang and that distracted the two of us.

“Were you expecting a call from someone?” I asked clearly offended that the call had to interrupt us.

“No,” She said grabbing the phone to check the caller but I had already seen from the corner of my eyes that the number of the person who called was not saved.

I did not want to hear the conversation so I took the juncture to go and take a shower. The last thing I wanted was to hear my girl talking to another man. I was a jealous type, she was my girl and no one else’s’. She belonged to me.

I come back to my room drying my hair with a towel and I was shocked to find her standing almost at the door with her designer bag on her hand. They were not that rich and I believed it was Katie who gifted her.

“Don’t tell me you are leaving,” I said opening my closet to find an outfit for the evening.

“I have to,” She said with a low tone.

“I can believe you are bailing out on me like this. We had plans,” I said throwing my hands in the air since I was angry.

She stared at me without saying anything and killed me.
“Don’t dare walk through that door,” I said staring sternly at her to ensure she did not move an inch.

“I am sorry Arch, but Math is really important to get me good grades to join a good collage. I cannot let us stop me from excelling in school,” She said of course quoting the us part with her hands.

“Wait,” I begged in desperation but she held the door knob without thinking twice.

Before she could walk outside, my mother come in carrying a plate of brown pancakes that appeared to be sweet even without tasting them.

“I will see you tomorrow in school, Bye,” She said and walked outside the room.

“I hope you have not had a fight,” My mother said and I stayed quiet for some time. 

She placed the pancakes on my study table and she started walking outside. She knew I would not talk to her so she started walking outside.

“Mother,” I said and she was shocked because this had never happened.

“Did you just call me?” She turned to look at me and I regretted calling her in the first place.

“Yes, I did,” I said that because telling her to go was far more time consuming like saying yes.

“Can I ask something,” I asked with uncertainty.

“Sure honey, you now you can tell me anything,” She said attentively and moved closer to me.

“What can you do if an elderly person who is very powerful tries to steal your girlfriend? “I asked avoiding her gaze.

“Does this have to do with Kendra?” She asked back and I felt I did not need her advice anymore. She was supposed to answer me, not to mention names.

“Just forget it, I am fine,” I said.

“You should not fight with the powerful guy over the girl. I f the girl wants to be with you she will be with you. I am so sorry for mentioning the name Arch,” She said and I nodded.

“I need to be alone, “I said and watched as she walked towards the door.

“Okay and I respect that. However, eat the pancakes I made,” She said and walked out.

Finally I was able to breath.

I wore a black t-shirt and black sweatpants. I loved black and to me, black is the new blue. I pulled out my laptop and tried to watch a new teenage series but I could not just concentrate. I could not go to the mall on my own neither could I stay home. It really got to me that Kendra had gone to see Mr. Brown. I did not trust that man.

What if he is kissing her right now? Kendra was so vulnerable and I was scared that she would fall into the plan that Clays dad had hatched for a very long time.

I had never listened to my mother so why should I listen to her now. She was not meant to influence my life and my love life therefore I discarded her thoughts and promised myself to handle the matter in my own way.

I wanted to taste her pancake but I did not have time. She had to forgive me because she made me this bad person and I was never that way. I was a very respectful person and my parents were the people I loved so much. 

That is what happens when trust is broken. There is no great pain than being betrayed by family.

I wore black ankle shoes and my black Van before I left my room

“Have you tasted the pancake?” She asked when I walked to the kitchen.

“I am in a hurry and I just want this huge favor from you. If you grant me the favor, I will never ask you for anything again,” I said as she started loading the dishwasher.

“You know you can ask me for anything. I am your mother and you are my little boy,” She said standing still to look at me.

“I wish you could say that when all I ever wanted in life was to hear that. “ I scoffed taking bottled water from the refrigerator.

“Don’t explain anything please. The favor I wanted was to borrow your car keys,” I said and she directed me to where I placed it.

I drove my mom’s car at a constant speed till I finally parked at the Brows parking lot. I was going to get my lady back no matter the cost.

Author's note
Check out my book, in my blood.
It is worth your time