26

“43-5000 Odeon street right?” Robb asked me as he drove along the route.

“Yea it is,” I said looking at the paper Elena had written her address on. The night is officially here and I wanted to be done with this. I had not heard from Kendra yet even after texting her 33 messages in her row telling her how I regretted keeping the information from her. I hurt her and I understand how it hurts when someone breaks your trust.

She is a true friend to Becky, I hope you know that by now.

Clay left with Katie and I just don’t know the decision that he had made on the matter. It is a good thing that the saga happened in a Friday and therefore we had the whole weekend to try to fix the damage in our squad.

“Here we are,” Robb said parking just beside the gate.

I got out of the car and adjusted my tuxedo. I had borrowed one of my brother’s suit that I had savaged recently when I cleared hos remaining belongings from my room. He was more of a suit person and my taste was casual.

I cross checked how I looked in the side mirror and thankfully Robb was there to reassure me that I looked my best. Oh please, don’t think that is lame because it was my first time in a suit.

I talked to the gateman and he directed me to the large bungalow that had beautiful decoration on its exterior. To add icing to the cake, they had all sorts of flowers, white roses, pink roses, red roses and daisy’s. I felt like a lunatic sine I had carried her tulips yet her home had all those good flowers one can ask for.

The house was well designed to fit her condition as a crippled. Ramp was at the door step since their door was slightly raised and on entering the house, the flooring was good for her wheeling herself around.

I expected her mom to open the door but that is not what happened since an elderly woman in her late sixty’s got the door for me. I don’t know if she is this enthusiastic, all I know is that she was very happy to see me.

“My granddaughter wanted you to see her in her room, she doesn’t like me shouting. She said my doctor said that,” She explained as she took me to the vast kitchen. I held my tulips in my left hand and drank up the bottled water that she had given me.

“She loves tulips,” She said in a small laughter and I was glad that my plan of bringing flowers was not a waste of time.

“Where did you say is her bedroom?” I asked the old lady who had totally forgotten to give me the direction.

“The last door on your right,” She said taking a seat next to the window and looked outside to the beautiful view of the night and the streetlights. They were living on the best land in town, it was slightly elevated Geographical wise and that gave a good view of the city.

I sighed and walked to the hallway and immediately I reached the door which I had assumed was Elena’s, I knocked the door twice.

“Wait a minute,” She said before I could turn the door knob and walk inside the room.

I waited patiently and finally she opened the door for me. Her room was big, not as I had expected. To my astonishment, she had almost seven wheelchairs that she had to choose from when she was coming to school. That I assumed.

Her bed was on one of the corners and her study table was at the other end where there was a beautiful view of the city.

One day I will take a good picture at that spot and post it for the world to see.

Her room did not resemble that of a typical teenager because she had the biggest bookshelf with many uncountable books filled o the brim.

Has she read all those.
“Wow, “I muttered and that is the time she turned to look at them. I walked in when she was still on her study, clearing up on what I guessed was her poem.

Forget the room, I will tell you about that later. Right now, let us focus on her looks this night.

Her hair was laid in a neat bun and her edges were finished off neatly. Her face was the most perfect I had ever seen and the red shade of her lipstick did the magic. I swear make up enhances beauty, don’t take it the wrong way.

Her silver necklace made her neck to be outstanding and her little black dress exposed her leg perfectly despite the fact that she was still in her golden wheelchair. She always wore sandals but this time she made the effort of putting on a designer flat shoes.

“You are so beautiful Elena,” I said handing her the tulips.

“Thank you,” She said smelling the roses.

“You should actually thank my nana for making me look this good, but since she is not here, let me take all the credits,” she said sweetly.

I continued staring at her and she blushed making me chuckle a little bit.

“We are getting late, aren’t we?” She asked and that snapped me back from my moment of just staring at her.

“Sure,” I said before taking the fresh tulips from her and pacing then in the flower jar at her study table.

“I have a lot of questions to ask,” I said when I wheeled her out of the room.
“We have the night,” She said.

“I forgot to say that we are going to be the …” I wanted to talk but her grandmother who was sitting and waiting for us in the living room cleared her voice to speak.

“Who knew I would see my granddaughter going out on her first date,” She said cheerfully.

“Grandmother, this is my friend Arch, Arch, this is my grandmother Caroline,” Elena made the introduction.

“Archie dear, you have my blessings, please take care of my granddaughter, don’t ever break her heart,” She said emphasizing each word.

Author's note

I really love your comments. They just drive me insane. That moment when I get so many notification on wattpad. I swear you guys are the best audience ever. Love, Sylvia. I am just laughing, like right now because of this immense support.I love fiction stories and I do my best to write the fiction stories that you guys will find it interesting. Or have I failed on that? I love laughing alot and I have a great sense of humour.

Love love love, El.