21

“I never knew you are the makeup type of girl,” I told Elena once we were seated at the coffee bar on the outer wing of the mall.

“Don’t get it wrong, I have been a naturalist for a while but it is high time I try using make up on my face,” She said taking a glance at the people strolling around the mall.

“I prefer natural looks,” I said studying her face that was so perfect even without addition of something to it.

“Make up enhances beauty, don’t you want to see me more beautiful,” She asked with a beautiful smile that was infectious and I could hardly resist smiling back at her.

“What can I serve you miss,” A tall blonde waiter asked.

“Black coffee, more coffee less sugar,” She said and it was my turn.

“Black coffee, more sugar less coffee. “She wrote down our orders before she disappeared to fetch it for us.

“You will be more beautiful,” I said and her cheeks turned red immediately. She was blushing about this whole talk of ours.

“Do you really think that I am beautiful regardless of my crippled state,” She asked in a low voice and that time her eyes were completely fixed her fingers.

“Of course you are,” I said stretching my hand across the table to hold her chin up. We maintained eye contact as she smiled and her smile was one in a million.

“You don’t have to say that to make me feel better,” She said staring directly into my eyes.

“Your orders,” The waiter said handing us coffee of our preferences and without knowing, we changed the topic.

“I really love their coffee,” She said sipping her coffee in quick succession.

“Me too,” I said sipping it and my tongue ached for the taste of coffee after each and every sip. The sugar and coffee in that hot water made my life worth living.

“Now that we are together, let us talk about poetry,” I suggested after a long period of silence between us.

“Sure, what do you want to know?” She asked.

“Everything and anything,” I said and waited for her to figure out things about coaching me till I write the best poems that would actually appear in our students monthly Maxine. I swear, to get your poem published there after it has gone to an editor’s bench of over 10 editor is a hard nut to crack.

“Okay,” She said and then she looked thoughtful for a while before speaking out the truth of the matter.

“Do you love me?” She asked out of the blues making me to spit tea all over.

Damn that so embarrassing. Who does that Arch? My sub could not let me walk away without scolding me.

“Well, I don’t know, I guess I do or maybe I don’t. I have a girlfriend,” I said irritably as the waiter went ahead to clear my mess.

“I am sorry I shocked you,” She said in a voice that you could not tell if she was disappointed or not.

“Sure,” I said looking away and my mind was focused on leaving the place. Things were not going the way I wanted and as a decent human being, I just had to leave. I really hated surprises and to make matters worse, she surprised me with that question.
“I am sorry but I have to leave,” I said getting to my feet.

“Now? Why so soon, we have just started talking,” She gasped.

“I am sorry but see you around,” I said as I walked to the cashier and all she could manage to do was to sit there still figuring out why I acted the way I did.

I paid for the two coffees before I walked outside the coffee shop. I did not bother to look at her. I took the direction that would get me to the exit and followed it hastily until I was outside of the mall. 

I got to the car and drove away. I needed to get back to the house and just cool of for a little bit. I needed to breathe and think things clearly for it was such a long day.

I parked at our house and the least person I expected to see around that house was seated at the Porsche obviously waiting for me.

The hell!

“Let us talk later,” I told Kendra as I made my way to the house completely ignoring her hug that she had freely offered.

“Wait,” She said just as I wanted to lock the door behind me.

I couldn’t resist her so I turned at a 180 degrees angle to look at her. I couldn’t pretend that I did not care what she had to say.

“You have one minute to explain yourself,” I said flashing a look at her.

“I wanted to hang out, I missed you already,” She said and I laughed when I listened to her short speech. I clapped as a matter of fact.

“Now is the very time you can think about Arch?” I asked giving her a mischievous smile.

“I don’t like the way you are reacting right now,” She complained with her mood changing and I could tell by the tone of her voice and a little frown plastered on her cheeks.

“Maybe you should have committed yourself to our plans, everything could run smoothly and everything could be okay,” I explained it to her.

She moved three steps further and only an inch was separating us. She leaned forward to kiss me but I pushed her away and this really shocked her and for that matter she licked her glossy lips in anger.

“Your passionate kiss will not savage the situation,” I said and she was too embarrassed to speak.

“Just go home, I also have a tutor who needs to coach me on schoolwork. Education before bitches, right?” That is what you made clear few hours ago,” I said and locked the door behind me.

Author's note
I updated the chapter for you to see what you are missing on the other end.

Please Google the website www.dreame.com then search my name Sylvia Adely or the title of this book, The Girl In the Golden Wheelchair.

If you have done so, comment here.

See you soon guys, I love you all.