Chapter 1 Part 2

The ominous voice interrupted the exchange. "Silence, I know all. I do not wish to lose any of my demons, especially to nymphs; however, I find that Ipos was of more value and will be in the future. One less demon who allowed his own will to interfere with my works is against our laws. Pyro would have been subject to my wrath and ultimately destroyed either way. Lahash has accomplished thus far what he was charged to do and still remains that he complete what has been set forth to do. He will continue with Echo; he will destroy her and acquire the quartz sword before the spirit guides do." The dark one said.

Valefor uncertain of his leader's casual commentary, said, "My lord, our plans have not gone in the way they were supposed to. Meridian's curse that Warrick cast upon her, now broken, she has been set free. She no longer needs the twin soul to fulfill her destiny. If she gets the angel's sword, we will be powerless against her and the others. Warrick has greatly let us down with such an atrocity. He still believes that he is going to rein over Etheria, no clue as to what will come of him once we invade the hall of souls. I want my destiny fulfilled; It is my time... I do not trust Lahash's infatuation with that nymph. He will continue to ruin our plans!"

Valefor stared at Lahash with disdain while his admonishing words seemed not to rattle Lahash in the least. Lahash maintained his smirk as though he had surely gotten away with something. He turned and locked eyes with Astorath, who despite oozed with disdain for Lahash, had a notable upturn to one side of her lips, as though she was fighting something worth smiling about.

Their stare interrupted by the dark one. "Now that we have an obvious change in plans, move quickly with a vengeance all of you. Each one of you knows what your tasks are. See to it they are completed to my satisfaction; otherwise, you will share Pyro's fate." The room fell into silence and despite their smug demeanor, each demon lost a bit of their heightened cockiness hearing the dark one's last words.