Chapter 8 Pt. 1

The guides accompanied by the fairy nymphs and Talon and left for the dark realm. Charity and the others remained in Etheria to stabilize the chaos that had now taken over.

Meanwhile, the demons were busy, particularly Lahash and Astaroth with their new prisoners. Lahash heady in his tirade found himself in a strange position with his prisoner, Echo. There she remained in the same cell that Luna was held in at one time. Full of iron to weaken her, she remained stable on through her strong will.

Lahash took a casual and cocky stroll down to the prisoner hall so he could check in on his favorite fairy nymph. He walked with a slight grin, and his eyes wandered over the area as he strolled with his hands behind his back. The demons paid no mind to Lahash's entrance this time, as it was just another one of the many trips to visit Echo. Finally, having made it to Echo's cell he unclasped his long fingers and opened the iron gate. There she remained, lying on the iron floor, weak and immobile.

Lahash took his time making his entrance through the doorway, taking a deliberate study of his prisoner. His feet were light as he walked over to where she lay. Her face turned away toward the opposing iron wall as he kneeled beside her. Echo's still body seemed lifeless, and her long, brown, unkempt locks straddled her face and shoulders. Lahash brought his hand forward to pull a strand away from her face that covered her cheek down to her lips. His eyes continued to survey her face and her faint visible silhouette in the darkened room.

His hand brushed her cheek, down her neck and over her collarbone and with a twitch, Echo fisted her hand around his hand, clenching as hard as she could muster. Lahash took a quick and deep breath and while his lips parted. They stared at one another for several uninterrupted moments.

Breaking the silence, Lahash said, "Oh, my dear Echo. So feisty even within these glorious confinements made just for your kind. So how long can you last here before you give in?"

Echo's black smudged face tightened, her jaw locked tight, and she gritted her teeth as she maintained her death grip on Lahash.

"Echo, you really should save your strength." Lahash snorted under his breath, allowing Echo to maintain her grip on his hand. "If it is your choice that you hold my hand," Lahash kneeled in closer to Echo to whisper in her ear, "Please, continue. Though I like it rough." Lahash pulled away from her ear with a tightened grin.

Echo quickly released his hand in disgust, shoving it away. "What do you want?" Echo turned her face away.

"What do we all want?" Lahash said, as he rose and walked around to face her.

Echo moved her eyes downward to stare at the hand that once gripped his. The gritty atmosphere in prison had taken a toll, her smudged hand was black the same as her face from the grit of imprisonment. "I want to leave."

"Do you now? Oh, if you stop fighting me so much, you may find you like it here. I assure you my quarters are much more comfortable. Why don't you relax and come spend some time with me? I am sure you are parched."

Echo whispered. "I would rather die."

Lahash kneeled once more, getting closer than he was before, he whispered back. "No, you don't. You would rather go onto live and be the powerful nymph you are, exploring those whom you punish for their lustful ways. I would love for you to come and punish me." Lahash moved away from her while she struggled to rise in a seated position.

Echo raised her head upward, cutting her sharp eyes to look Lahash in his demon eyes. "They will come for me, and when I get out of here, I will see to it you receive the karma you deserve."