Chapter 10 Pt. 3

Before the conversation between the love birds could get more in-depth, they were interrupted with Orion taking the lead into the fairy realm. There they stood in the courtyard of Selena's home. As the group went onto Selena's quarters, the overall ambiance of the group changed, and it was as though they all carried much weight in their hearts.

After a while of everyone discussing Aiden's circumstance, it did not appear that Selena would present a solution.

Talon asked, "Selena if Aiden is trapped between the realms, then how is it we can get him where he belongs?"

Selena turned her back and moved toward her shelf, where many books sat in alignment. Much of them were old, tattered, and had lived through many lives of their own. Her favorite book and the famous one at that, she pulled from her shelf. She remained with her back turned without so much as a word. The page sifting audible, not a soul made a sound as if they were to be delivered news of a lifetime.

Suddenly she stopped sifting through her book, turned to face everyone and return to her large seat. "Aiden, he is trapped between realms. This isn't something that I have ever seen in my years. This is something that I largely interpreted as a myth or just a story." Selena went silent, running her fingers down the pages as she read. Everyone stared at her thin lips as she quietly muttered out the words.

Everyone crowded inward, leaning in hopes to catch a word from her as she read. Feeling the bodies closing in on her, she cut her eyes upward and abruptly stopped reading from the book. It was there she saw Relic with his ridiculous grin on his face, not having realized that she was looking at him. "Enjoying yourself?"

Relic, looking sheepish stepped back, his shoulders fell and drooped. He walked away and found his favorite, 'Fairy Delight' and began pouring himself a drink. He gave a quick flick of his head, to brush away some hair that covered his eye before downing the pink liquid in one gulp.

Selena stopped and stared at him in irritation, and once he completed his drinking session and put his glass down, he paused to see that Selena and everyone stared at him. "What?"

Selena gave a quick clear of her throat and said, "Now, despite this is something that that I have never encountered, doesn't mean that I can't help find a solution."

She left her seat and walked toward Aiden who stood in awe of the fairy queen. Everyone cleared a path for the queen to walk to Aiden. Her gait remained regal and steady in pace, while her face was devoid of any emotion and her eyes glowed yellow. As she approached, Aiden's mouth dropped open, and his eyes never blinked as though he didn't want to miss a thing with the anticipated interaction.

He maintained his usual determined stance; however, he pulled his head back when he made eye contact with the intimidating fairy. When Selena finally arrived at such a marked and pivotal point, she stood before Aiden, and she looked at him as though she didn't believe that this was Aiden. Her silence created tension within the group when she briefly tore her eyes away from him. His Adam's apple noticeably rose up into his through as he took a nervous swallow.

After a long pause, she brought her eyes back to Aiden and said, "Aiden, so you are the one." Selena's face broke just a fragment when she gave a slight upturn of her lips. "You have been the grand subject these days amongst all of us. Do you know how special you are?" She turned her head slightly while keeping her eyes on him.