Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Back on Earth the invisible being's favorite humans were still at Tallulah's quietly obsessing about the situation with Aiden. Inside the house, seated at the kitchen table, drinking their tea.

Esmra had taken a careful long sip of her steamy tea while her eyes peered over the teacup rim and carefully studied Tallulah, who gazed out of her big kitchen window. After her sip, she placed her teacup down and extended her arm out to Tallulah, brushing her hand with the tips of her finger. Tallulah quickly pulled her head around and looked at Esmra's wore hands. Her eyes softened, holding back emotion, she placed her hand over Esmra's. With a forced smile, she patted Esmra a couple of times and said, "Thank you."

Esmra left the table to find more honey from the pantry. "I know this is really bothering you," she said while she shuffled through Tallulah's disorganized and overstuffed pantry. "Good night, I can see why you can't find anything in here!"

Tallulah giggled, "Oh I know, I just can't throw anything out, I may need it."

Esmra walked out of the pantry with a jar of honey with an old napkin stuck to the lid from the excess that was nearly like glue on the glass. She took the jar to the sink where she rinsed it clean, "I know things are a mess right now, and I know you are missing Meridian. I miss her too. But the reality is, she is where she is destined to be. Now Aiden, that boy is another story. I can't fathom how a demon can steal a soul not destined for the dark realm. I have hope that this too, will get worked out and I do not want you sick with worry over these things." Esmra sat back down at the table and said, "I am not leaving here for a while. You might as well count me as a part of your house. I am going to call back home and have a few of the coven watch the house for me."

"Oh Esmra, I can't ask you to do this."

"You didn't ask me to, I am doing it." Esmra gave a tight grin. "So we need to get back to doing our everyday things. Let's get this shop open and let's do some readings, huh?" Esmra finished her tea and as she walked up the stairs she shouted, "I am calling now and when I get back down, let's open up! I will help you!"

Tallulah remained seated at her table and fidgeted with her old and worn out tablecloth that carried stains from the previous mishap encounters with the precession of tea times it had seen. She sat and recounted the words that Esmra shared and with that, she decided to get up and turn her sign to 'open.'