Chapter 6 Pt. 2

"This isn't good, she has grown attached to Aiden. She has gotten too close. What are we going to do?" Moloch asked.

Valefor shook his head. "I do not know, this could cause a real problem when they come for him. We have to remain focused, when the guides enter, Meridian is the main target. I don't care about the others for now. Once we have eliminated the chosen one, we can invade Etheria. Charity will not be a match for us, and the nymphs can't hold us all off. All we need is to get that key back, and it's over."

Astaroth continued a gallant gait to return to Aiden, whom she had taken more to than planned. Her appearance to her fellow demons was much like Meridian's spirit guide form; long blonde hair and beautiful translucent skin. Her appearance would have any being falling for her, with her demure essence and her air of refinement. With Aiden's presence, she was losing much of her own composure. As she returned to her quarters, where she held Aiden hostage unbeknownst to him, she paused in thought.

"I can make Aiden fall for me, just me. I have the power to transform, so why wouldn't I stay in this way? I can be Meridian, I can be her, and Aiden would be all mine. I cannot allow them to release Aiden."

Astaroth emerged in front of Aiden, who had been enjoying himself with the many treats she left behind. "Hey, wow, I didn't know you knew how to make such great food. These chocolates, you made these? Wow, so good. I say you are the perfect one, Meridian." Aiden said with a mouthful of chocolates.

She approached Aiden with a smile and ran her hands over and around his neck. "I can do a lot more than cook or bake." She kissed his ear and ran her long nails down his back.

For a moment, the smile left Aiden's face, he pulled away from the demoness to look more closely at her. He turned his head to the side while watching her out of the corner of his eye. "Meridian, I have never known you to be this forward," Aiden said.

"Oh, now we are together now, we broke the curse, I don't have to be so reserved anymore, I can be myself." Astaroth carried on her lie.

Aiden shrugged his shoulders with a smile. "I suppose you are right, but our relationship is more than physical. You and I share a connection, something bigger. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the time we shared when we discovered we lifted the curse, and I am so glad I was the one to do it, to be your twin soul." Aiden smiled, walking away to take an apple off the table, he tossed it into the air as he began to remissness about times past.

"Remember, we are going to see my grandparents. I never got a chance to take you to see them, I feel bad about that. What do you say we go? They aren't too far from here. Ready?" Aiden asked playfully as he walked up and took Astaroth by the hands and jiggled them playfully.

Astaroth jerked her hands away and turned her back. Her eyes were darting back and forth. "Uh, no, I am not ready. Please, can we just have a few days together, to ourselves?"

Aiden's face appeared puzzled, he stopped throwing the apple in the air, clinging to it. He walked closer to Astaroth and turned her around to face him. "Why suddenly are you hesitant? I promise they will love you. But if you want some time with just us, we can do that." Aiden strolled away toward what was Meridian's room in Tallulah's house. Astaroth followed him, she snapped her fingers, and he collapsed into the bed, falling into a deep demon derived slumber.

Astaroth walked away from her quarters, and she was startled by Warrick's presence. "Warrick, what are you doing here? You look terrible," she said, while she looked him up and down in disgust and disdain wrapped in one.

Warrick was hunched over a bit, not his usual overconfident air. He lifted his head to look at Astaroth and made a moment of eye contact. "Yes, leaving wasn't without difficulty. I needed out. Things have taken a turn and not for the better. Charity is back in Etheria, they ousted me in front of all the guides in Etheria. I need an army of the dark one's soldiers, so I can take back Etheria."

Astaroth stared at Warrick with suspicion. "What does this have anything to do with me? I can't help you."

Warrick continued his gaze upon her. "Yes, you can help me."

Astaroth attempted to walk away from the tyrant, but Warrick was not ready to give up so easily. She carried herself, to get somewhere, not just away from Warrick. Warrick followed a few steps behind, staggering along in pain.

"Wait. You need to hear me out," Warrick said, stopping in his tracks. "If you want the boy, you will want to listen to me."